Fox Head Launch Pro Knee Pad Armor and Pads

Best Price At
Available At

Go big or go home, but don?t go home for the season. The Fox Launch Pro Knee Pad will make sure that you get to go home after going big, rather than going to the hospital. Silicone grip behind the knee keeps the pad from slipping down your leg or shifting in flight, and the pre-curved ergo fit sits comfortably without bunching. The perforated neoprene breathes better than Michel Phelps in the final 50 meters, and the elastic straps on the top and bottom could give your old skate pads a lesson in comfort.

[Jun 16, 2017]
Scott Guillaudeu

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable enough to pedal all day
Lots of protection
Don't move around
Saved me in a crash

Velcro straps stretched out after hand-washing; pads still fit though

I wear them every ride, even with hours of pedaling. They're super comfortable and stay in place even though I don't tighten the velcro straps. I crashed a few days ago and broke my hand, but not my knee caps thanks to these. One knee had a small bump and that was it. I recommend them for everyone, every ride.

661 EVO rubbed the backs of my legs raw.
Raceface thin D3O - the pieces of D3O move around and don't have enough protection.
Fox Head hard plastic knee/shin guards for the bike park.

[Oct 25, 2012]
shayco

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, Stiff around the knee, wrap the knee pretty good, no sliding/movement, feels like I'm wearing no pads after a few minutes

One of the velcros started to get loose after the first time I've ridden with the pads.
Think it's only mine and will probably fix it in a few more rides.

Overall - amazing knee guards. Feels like I'm very protected at a very light weight.
Not too hot, not bulky at all, but the knee and shin are very well wrapped

661 DJ, Moon (Aggressiveness inline

[Sep 03, 2012]
Sam

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, Protection, Design, Fit.... EVERYTHING!

None, at all.

Amazing knee pad have saved my knee's and some friends many times. No rub, scrapes, discomfort. Amazing knee pad. I had a pair of POC's they were more expensive and weren't very comfortable so I returned them after 2 rides and got these. Amazing pads! I definitely recommend them!

[Sep 02, 2012]
kneetowaist

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort and protection all wrapped in one

rubs behind the knee but that goes away, plse read my review for details

These are absolutely the best compromise between protection and pedaling efficiency. I actually narrowed my search down to 3 brands/models and the Lauch Pro's won. I had been really contemplating knee pads for a while and decided to purchase 3 pairs for testing and deciding. I had actually written these off prior to purchasing them but they ended up on top of my list. For a complete review with pics and video plse click here:

TLD KG5400, Walmart special, G-Form

[Aug 26, 2012]
kwoodward

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, design, comfort, usability

Best knee pads I have ever worn, hands down. As others have stated, so comfortable you don't even know you have them on. And yet still offer maximum protection. Along with a good helmet and pair of gloves, every rider needs a quality pair of knee pads and these fit the bill. Unless you are doing hardcore downhill and big air these are all the upper intermediate to advanced all mountain, trail and cross country rider needs to get home safe and in one piece. Seriously, don't even consider buying anything else. Thanks Fox!

SixSixOne

[Jun 24, 2012]
freerideslr

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable
Stays in one place

A bit expensive

While these pads are somewhat expensive, in this case you get what you pay for. Ive used lesser quality pads and the difference is huge. These are comfortable and have held up to a couple wrecks now without sliding or becoming damaged.

[Feb 27, 2012]
mtnmark

OVERALL
Strength:

Great kneepads, they work well, don't slip, not bulky, not too expensive. Great for long, fast descents where your knees can bang around against the top tube from slamming your bike into corners.

Starting to stretch out a bit, and tear at the stretch points, but they have seen a lot of use.

These are my favorite knee pads, but like any protection, you should try them on before you buy. I love the Race Face Rally FR for knee/shin combo for DH, but their knee only pads were not as comfortable and way more expensive than Fox's, whereas the Fox knee/shins were so crappy I couldn't believe it (They may have improved them since then). POC knee pads seemed good in theory, but I didn't like them once I tried them on, and again they were way more expensive.

These launch pros are awesome for me.

Race Face ambush, Rally FR

[Sep 15, 2011]
sops

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, straps stay in place, cups cover knee completely. I was a little worried about the fabric over the cups but after crashing on landings, they're still hole-less.

None..

I get what I paid for for these. A little hot and you can feel them being bulky on XC ride. I don't use pads on XC rides and I use them on downhill races and a bit of light freeriding. Works well and stays on after crashes..

[Aug 27, 2011]
dthomp325

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, light

Bulky for All Mountain/trail riding

I bought these pads for riding DH, but they are light and comfortable enough to use for all mountain/trail riding as well. Their only weakness is that they are a little bulky and difficult to fit in a pack when trail riding.

RaceFace

[Oct 09, 2010]
EMrider

OVERALL
Strength:

Hard cup knee protection

The comfort/fit of these pads was a big disappointment. After pedaling uphill for about 15min, they had to come off or else I would have lost all the skin on the back of my knees. If you plan to descend only, these should be fine. But if you want to wear them for the entire ride, don't bother. The design is very poor IMHO.

Uncomfortable. If you can't to wear them the entire ride, what good are they?

I've used a set of race face shin/knee pads for the past 3 years. They are super comfy when climbing. But they are also heavy and I picked up the Fox launch pads for more XC rides because they are lighter. Big mistake.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.