Fox Head Launch Elbow Guard Armor and Pads

Best Price At

All-mountain MTB'ers who climb for their gnarly downhills choose the removable Launch Elbow guard from Fox Racing. Hard shell forearm, elbow and lower triceps plates ride atop a hinged biofoam chassis for maximum mobility. Cross strapping prevents fit gaps and shifting during wicked hits.

[Aug 10, 2014]
alex

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight
Relatively cool
Forearm guard comes all the way down to wrist
Stays put
Comfortable
S/M fits small riders (5'4")

Elastic sleeve makes them a bit awkward to take off (but they slide on easily)
You may want something beefier for DH

When I first put these on they felt odd because they have a curved shape that makes it awkward to straighten out my arms. However, once on the bike I don't notice them. They are lightweight and the coolest arm guards I have worn. Behind the hard plastic shell is lightweight honeycombed foam that, along with the mesh elastic sleeve, allows good airflow. I've had them for two months and taken two falls - they stayed solidly put and protected my arms well. They slide on easily but, given that I wear them over a long sleeved shirt, they are a big awkward to take off. I like that the forearm guard comes all the way down to my wrist; it obviously protected my forearm near my wrist during one of the falls.

SixSixOne, G Form, other Fox products

[Mar 14, 2011]
mckshred

OVERALL
Strength:

color, looks

- weird shape inhibits movement of arms
- velcro strap lengths too long
- spandex sleeve tears

these blow - get the roach, race face ones

ice hockey elbow pads - easton

[Aug 20, 2009]
amirh1

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, slick looking, stays put (only when riding)

Slips in a crash, tears easily after crashes, get very hot.

Expensive.

These pads look good and stay put while riding. However, if you have a sliding crash these will slide right off and expose your elbow. And the last crash I've had completely tore off the material exposing my entire elbow. I wouldn't buy these again.

[May 27, 2008]
Peter

OVERALL
Strength:

Doesnt move at all while riding. Very comfortable, and VERY light. I tried having them really tight on my arm, and it did not fly so i rock them really loose and they still only move just barely, but not when your arms are in the riding postition. The only elbow/arm pad ill ever use the rest of my life.

Velcro strap doesnt go very tight (But theyre still solid loose) A little pricy, but well worth the cost.

Totally sick! Well worth the $. Rock solid, very protective, and have saved my arms a number of times. Anybody who does just 5" travel bike trail riding, all the way to freeriders/DH racers should definitely consider this product.

[Jan 25, 2007]
James

OVERALL
Strength:

dont slide, light, good strap system

pricey?

these are very good when used with the launch knee pads. they provide the best useful protection you can get because they dont get in the way and they dont slide around on you. the strap mechanism is simple and works well. they are a little expensive, but everything from Fox is. i would get them again if i was making the decsion about protection, becuase i would rather pay more and not get hurt than save some $$ and break an arm or something else...

[Jun 15, 2007]
Connor R

OVERALL
Strength:

EVERYTHING!
great protection
going around 30 and slammed my elbow into a tree and all that happened was a sore elbow and a busted pad
these things are amazing

none.
maybe price if your paying the full price
but great protection comes at a price

if you want the best protection available get the launch stuff from fox
can not beat it
nothing comes close
this is AMAZING!!!
they've saved my ass numerous times

nothing compares to these

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.