Fly Racing Prizm Knee Guards Armor and Pads

Available At

[Feb 13, 2019]
luffy35

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice set of knee pads. Pedal friendly and high protection. Nice product.

Non so far

[Jan 25, 2017]
James Cross
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, function, performance, construction, materials, shape.

For me I cannot find any weakness yet.

For the amount of protection these pads provide considering their weight and how well they stay put while riding they are excellent. After they warm up (winter night rides etc) they do a nice job of becoming more malleable and conform well to the knees. These pads are light compared to similar pads and best of all really stayed put and were comfortable while pedaling. I can't speak to how hot they will be in summertime but I've worn them in 50-65 degree weather with both knee warmers and with out and they were not hot and stayed put. I did go down once in them and didn't even think about the fall as the pads did a fantastic job of absorbing the impact.

G-Form, Six Six One D3O XC.

[Feb 16, 2016]
Scott

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight
Some shin protection

Floating kneecup can be irritating when pedaling
Don't stay up in crashes

Overall they're acceptable lightweight trail protection. It's nice to have a little extra shin protection and if the floating kneecup fits your body's geometry, they're comfortable when pedaling, if not then they go from annoying to painful as soon as a little trail dust gets inside. I had to constantly adjust them to keep them from chafing. The lack of upper restraint (besides a grippy cuff at the top) means that pretty much any crash will make the things slide.

[Oct 28, 2015]
Dane Buck
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

these Knee pads are well built, good protection and flexible. also note they are not a constraint while pedaling and lightweight

No weakness found yet

NICE Knee pads - was concerned, at first about ,flexibility and pedal-ability of the knee pads. After doing the Whole enchilada, a 25+ mile ride, and wearing them the complete ride I have nothing but praise. I say this because I hardly noticed them the whole ride except when I needed them ( I Smacked my Knee on large boulder in a tight corner) . I like that they don't inhibit pedaling much(as compared to not wearing any protection) and they have added protection below the knee compared to similar products.Impressed with the ability to stay put under pedaling and sweat, as well as not chaffing the back of the legs. Great product. Obviously the company put some R&D into this knee pad.WELL DONE. would recommend this knee pad.

• Available At

Get the latest mountain bike reviews, news, race results, and much more by sigining up for the MTBR Newsletter

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.