Dainese Trail Skins Knee Pad Armor and Pads

Ultra-light and thin soft knee protection, with protective sandwich made of Pro shape and Crash absorb®, approximately 7 mm thick. The protection is integrated in a supporting structure made of soft biaxial elasticated fabric and is provided with adjustment system with straps and elastic bands.

[Apr 03, 2017]
Scott
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Very lightweight, Great for Pedaling, Comfortable side protection, Stays put.

Probably would want more protection if for bike park riding

I am very happy with these knee pads. I also have the matching elbow pads. I wear them on almost every ride because after the first couple minutes of riding you forget you are wearing them.
Other knee/shin combo pads I have tried have caused me many problems with rubbing my skin raw. These, not at all. They stay in place since they have adjustable straps on top and bottom. The knee pads articulate pretty well. Better once you've been riding a few minutes.
As far as protection, they do a good job of keeping your skin intact. I wouldn't want to take a direct hit on a rock edge, but on most falls they do the trick. On purely lift access downhill riding I might consider a hard shell pad, but if you want to be able to climb and stay cool, these are great. The side protection is a nice bonus. Plus, it keeps my wife off my back because I don't have to explain every time I fall.

lizard skins knee/shin combo

[Feb 05, 2017]
GuzziBen

OVERALL
Strength:

Lack of damage to self.

You have to wear them- it's warmer than not wearing them.

Someone said "It's better than sticking to your sheets"
And they are. I've used them, repeatedly, after a knee-first somersault left me abraded for days.
They only show dirt, until you wash them again. They stay in position well, aren't that heavy, and are well perforated for breathability. Oh, and they protect your skin! After a few falls riding clipped on a nasty trail, my shin had some scrapes, but I planted my knee several times.
An over-the-bars excursion left an odd pattern of dots on my forearm from being pinched by the deforming tubes when I piled onto the rocks that had stopped my tire- which later faded to a nice yellowish bruise- but I required no first aid, no neosporin, no peroxide... and I was riding with them again the next day.

A-star, similar, Race Face Charge

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.