Wellgo MG-1 Mag Pedal

Best Price At

to BMX heaven. Whether your clearing the doubles at your local dirt jumps or just looking for a stable platform for cruising around town, you'll appreciate the grippy platforms and removable traction pins of the Wellgo MG-1 magnesium platform pedals.

[Jun 19, 2017]
Lorenzo

OVERALL
Strength:

These pedals look very good. That's it

After 200km on the road, the left pedal started to make some clickin noise. 40 km later it was trash. Not repairable. For the 35€ i paid i though I was gonna get something that could handle some light road travelling (I never used these pedals offroad). So I'm pretty sure I'm done with wellgo for life.

Not a recommendable product

[Nov 16, 2015]
Doublebase

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, light, look good

Perhaps a little thick

I mean for the price?? I paid $35 bucks for these. I'm 110 trips in on these things....they haven't broke yet. Amazing. And I don't think you'll find a harder 110 rides than the ones I've put these things through....just rocky...nasty...single track. I can't tell you how many pedal strikes I've had. The pedals are the least of my worries. Yes they are beat to hell at this point, but they still do their job...they grip. And these things are pretty light for the price point. I've seen much more expensive pedals break, and these haven't yet. I'll be buying these again when - if - they break.

[Feb 28, 2015]
^^ike

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, light weight, good selection of colors, grippy, no maintenance/no fuss

Light weight a trade off for strength, paint chips easily, not as thin as others

I've used theses pedals on my 29er for the last two seasons. These are the perfect set of inexpensive, light and disposable pedals. I say disposable because they aren't rebuildable. The magnesium is soft and so rock strikes do ding and dent them. The paint chips of easily but who really cares? The grip is great! I have yet to take them in the shins. I don't have to worry about dinging up my $100+ nice pedals. Beat them up and buy a new set.

[Feb 28, 2014]
Will

OVERALL
Strength:

light, grippy, inexpensive

pins easily ripped out

I lent my bike to a non-riding buddy while ripping around the Whistler Valley. The cranks on it are a little long, and he was hitting the pedals on rocks, roots, and the like fairly often. When I looked at them afterwards, there were at least 4 pins ripped right out. I went home, tried to put some new ones in, but when they came out, they had stripped the threads, too.

I'm all for solid cheap pedals, and I'm okay with them getting a little banged up, but I'd want them to be able to sustain a little more. Sure, maybe it was my buddy's riding technique, but from what I could see they still should have held up to more abuse.

Good if you're in a tight financial situation, but be ready to know you'll lose some performance and have to replace again fairly soon.

[Oct 03, 2013]
M Parker

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight

Strength

After reading the reviews here I had some seriously high expectations of these mid level pedals. First impressions were great, weight was very light, performance was fantastic on the grip BUT today.....just a few days over 3 months of owning and being used one of the pedals separated from the spindle while out on a ride. Separated in a non-repairable fashion. When I got home I ordered a set of Straitlines like I should have to start with. At least they can be rebuilt and serviced.

[Aug 23, 2013]
jake

OVERALL
Strength:

awesome traction with my fiveten freeriders. only left the pedal when i wanted to. the pedals look thicker than they are in person. they are relatively thin. about as thick as my thumb. i struck the pedals pretty hard on the side of a rock bed and it only left some scratches in the paint

the paint is cheap but who honestly cares?

for 39.99 with free shipping i thought this was an awesome deal on amazon. keep in mind i have about 5 hours of ride time on this. 3.5 hours of rugged beat down and it worked out great. hopefully i can get a good season or 2 out of these before i get deeper into this sport. im a noob and these are a must have if youre looking for flats under 50. pick up a pair of fivetens and get these. you wont be let down

[Nov 13, 2012]
jesse101

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, lightweight and look nice with my all white Altitude!

If you get a pedal strike...watch out! i rode these pedals for one season, i am now missing 4 pins on each pedal..and since the pedals are magnesium, the holes were ripped out along with the pins.

Its a great pedal for light riding..but if you are doing medium to hard trails, beware, durability is an issue. Ran these pedals for a full season and i ended up ordering a set of VP1's..which arent too far off weight.

[May 16, 2012]
SgtBaxter

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, inexpensive, grip like nobody's business and durable.

Paint can chip easily due to soft metal.

Received these pedals as a gift, and have loved them ever since. They weigh next to nothing and have taken some big hits without much happening to them at all, besides some scratches. I've even pulled a large rock out of the ground when the pedal bit into it on a downstroke.

Best of all you can find them online for less than $40. Best value there is!

[May 03, 2012]
Michael

OVERALL
Strength:

1 - Grip!
2 - Shape
3 - Price & durability

None worth mentioning

Fit: Pedals are personal, but these work great for me. I couldn't get comfortable on my 29er 'til I strapped on a set of Wellgo's magnesium marvels. My stupidly long (Euro 47) feet find the sweet spot every time, no fuss, no muss. Once there, they stick like glue thanks to those 9 sharp little shin biters.
Weight: I've been riding off-road for 20+ years, and wrenched in bicycle shops for most of those, so I've screwed a lot of pedals onto a lot of bikes. When I picked up these, they felt surprisingly light.
Price & Durability: I've never liked spending big bucks on pedals given that they spend their entire working life hanging around mud, dirt, ugly great rocks and such like. For the same reason, I didn't go for any of Wellgo's M&M colors - Basic black MG-1s don't draw undue attention when they get the inevitable scratches and dings.
Durability: Regardless of the price, the MG-1s take a beating. I can't see me wearing them out anytime soon, and any hit big enough to break 'em is likely to do damage to other bits and pieces - rider included.

[Apr 15, 2012]
seadna

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, weight, cost, easy maintenance, longevity, slightly concave body

Not the lowest profile pedal. Sometimes seize up a bit, although that can be rectified by stripping them down and re-greasing

12,000 kilometres: still going strong.

Says it all really.

I do 10 footers on a hard tail and regularly case landings hard, also land heavily on 5-6 foot drop offs, strike rocks all the time, generally abuse these pedals, and they still function perfectly. Just lost my first pin last month, after two solid years of use. As everyone else says, you can get fancier pedals, but these just work, without needing to rob a bank if you need to replace them.

• Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.