VP 59 Pedal

MadeToTake full advantage ofToday's soft rubber mountain bike shoes, VP-59 is designed around 5 wide-set outboard pinsTo provideTraction when pedaling while allowing youTo easily reposition your foot onThe fly. The low profile body puts your foot only 8.5mm aboveThe center ofThe axle for better powerTransfer, clearance and lighter weight. 9/16"385 grams per pair110 x 106 x 17mm platformExtruded and CNC aluminum bodyFull length Cromoly AxleLSL and Sealed Cartridge BearingsReplaceable Back Door Pi

[Apr 14, 2014]
Morgan

OVERALL
Strength:

light, low profile, grips well

none yet

Very good light weight pedal that grips well. I am noticing that the pins are wearing down after a lot of riding. I would recommend these to those who don't want to ride clip less.

[Mar 10, 2014]
nbrennan
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

I really like the low profile of this pedal. It allows you a little more margin for error when pedaling through rock gardens, around corners, and while your suspension is active. The low profile design also gives you a better 'feel' for the bike through your feet. The pins may seem sparse but they grip my 5.10s just fine.

The generally low profile of the pedal means that the pins dont have much to thread in to. This means they're coming loose more often. Unfortunately I had a few of my pins strip out, some of which stayed in and just spun in place rather than tightening or backing out.

This pedals performs really well. Grips your shoe, stays out of the way of rocks, and is extremely light and durable. Unfortunately I lost a few pins and was unable to remove other problem pins. I won them at an alley cat so I can't really complain. I think I would have been willing to spend the $85 MSRP. They're good pedals, as good as anything else in this price range.

zuzu's pedals, varios bmx pedals, lots of wellgo junk.

[Sep 13, 2012]
harryhardtail

OVERALL
Strength:

light, grip excellent, sealed bearing very durable.

wish the platform was alittle bigger for my size 12 shoes.

excellent pedal for the price with great performance. smack rocks alot but no problems at all. I use the pedals with regular hiking trail shoes from sports authority and they work great. no fancy and expensive shoes needed. allows me to moto when i need to. Buy them!!!

[Jul 28, 2011]
Hutch3637

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Light, provide grip like a metal sport bike (motorcycle) peg. Meaning you can move your foot around when need yet they are very grippy. The also have a very thin profile.

None so far except the middle part may be felt with non mtb shoes. At least it lets you know if your centered on the pedal. Which I like some may not.

Yes I would say get these as there around 65-75$. Provide great grip for those who like to move around and have an excellent platform. Gave it a 4 for overall only because of the middle part which some may not like or some may want more pins as these pedals only have five pins per side.

[Jun 12, 2011]
star*trek

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, decent grip, and cheap.

None so far.

Great light trail/commute pedal. Good grip and doesn't rip my shoes up. No shin issues. I really recommend this as a stock replacement for riders that don't want to break the bank, need medium grip, and are riding light trails or commuting...

Various Wellgo's.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.