Truvativ Holzfeller Pedal

New for 2003 a concave platform pedal with the lowest profile for efficient pedaling and superior grip. An oversized CrMo axle rolls on large, fully serviceable sealed bearings. All spikes are accessible from behind for easy removal and replacement. Black 590g

[Nov 06, 2012]
mudhen

OVERALL
Strength:

No problems after using them for many months. Seem to work perfectly for me.

None so far...

These pedals are working great with at least 300 miles on them!

[Jul 13, 2012]
Billy

OVERALL
Strength:

the looks add a lot to your bike and there extremely grippy. there super light super grippy and super sick looking.

DANGEROUS. great if you dont mind the ER

These pedals will not allow you to slip off and the weight and looks are trick. The only problem is that they are razors in the event of a crash. Since shin guards can be a bit of a pain there is a tradeoff with these. I used an industrial file to shorten and dull down the pins and they still work great, I highly recommend them!!

[May 08, 2012]
Brian

OVERALL
Strength:

The pedals have long aggressive pins which provide good traction especially in wet or muddy conditions.

The pedal bearing aren't user servicable and the pedal bearings are of very low quality and will fail requiring you to send them to SRAM for service. Good luck with the SRAM Service Dept :-( hope your neck isn't to cramped up after hours on hold.

I would strongly recommend against purchasing these pedals. You will first be disappointed by how quickly the bearings will fail and then tormented by SRAM's service dept. while you wait on hold for hours.

[Jul 10, 2011]
snowpunk

OVERALL
Strength:

Right out of the box the pins on the pedals looked intimidating. They grip great though. Its only the second pair of platforms I've used but it's new to me to actually have to pick your foot off of the pedal to re position your foot

none I've encountered so far

Very happy with them after about 15 rides. Only nailed my calf with them once. Wrap around shin guards are recommended.

Cheap redline platrorms to try them out, Candy c clipless

[Mar 27, 2011]
mag0121

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, grip, grip. Solid internals and chassis. Smooth as silk spinning. Aesthetics (white ones are cool, though almost too blingy).

Grip, sort of an unfair comment, but true to an extent. Making the switch after years of clipless for all mountain riding, it took some time to get used to picking up my foot and getting it positioned correctly when it was seated wrongly on the pedals. After getting used to the lack of 'slide," the grip is a good thing.

Grippy muthas. Solid, good looking, good functioning platforms. Love up going up and coming down.

DX, Wellgo

[Jul 07, 2010]
rc95066

OVERALL
Strength:

Works very well when I have my Vans on. No slip or grinding. I like the pin size for the terrain I ride. I had a set of Kona platforms but my riding partner is using them and I needed a new set. Very versital next to clips and perform as well for me...

They were a bit heavier than the Kona's were.

I like the functionality and versitilty of platform/flat pedals. These are exactly what I want from a flat pedal.

Kona platform, SPD's, Time Atac XS Carbon, 80's style Cages

[Aug 08, 2009]
el_toro

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong and fairly light weight for platforms. The biggest strength is that they attach via a hex wrench through the back side of the crank. Makes installing and removing them a breeze.

The grip pins are WAY to long! Some people may call this a strength, but IMHO it's a weakness. They are long, narrow, and will turn your shins into hamburger if you're not careful. Fortunately you can replace the pins with shorter M3 socket head screws, which I will be doing in short order.

Bottom line is that they are a very nice set of pedals that you won't feel comfortable riding without shin guards. The pedal pins are just to long. It would be great if Truvativ would include a few sets of different length pins with these pedals. These pedals aren't cheap and for the price you pay, extra pins/socket head screws would barely effect their bottom line. They get a middle rating for being a dangerous product due to the pins, but would get 5 chilis if they came with shorter ones.

Kona Jacksh1ts & Eastern BMX alloy pedals

[Jun 08, 2008]
Surfjunkie44
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Pegs will make you scream for mercy, but you'll never lose grip, even in wet conditions. Bomb proof pedal, beat the sh*t out of it and it won't break.

Cartridge bearing isn't a smooth spinner but perhaps that is for the best. They will eat your legs for breakfast if you slip and your shoe soles if you don't slip. Maybe a bit pricey...

I have a 2008 model and the pegs are more than apt to give you a great day of grip and a bad day skin loss if you actually lose a pedal. That has happened to me twice in six months of daily (I repeat, daily) 20 mile hikes with them. Older models may have blew but the new ones are bad boy toys.

Some BMX platform that froze on me in two weeks.

[Jan 23, 2007]
Brett
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Can take a beating

Extremely slippery when wet, these pedals are even slick when they are dry. The pins are way too small and ripped up the sole of my shoe.

These pedals are tough but I would never buy them. The small pin size makes them so slick even though I tried a few different shoes. Spend your money on some Stepdown's from Transition: www.transitionbikes.com

the two best pedals out there: Transition Stepdown and Specialized Mag 2

[Sep 30, 2005]
Chuck

OVERALL
Strength:

grippy, wide

aren't truly sealed

this is an update on a previous poor review. riding my bike through Whistler Village and what the... Pedal falls right off of its spindle. No lock nut on outside of pedal.... Awesome. Unrepairable. Got some cheap b-37s and so far are much better.

b-29s, b37s, road gaps

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.