Time ATAC Pedal

Time ATAC

[Jul 17, 2018]
Neuner

OVERALL
Strength:

Still using the same ones for over a decade now. Have even bashed them against rocks and keep on ticking. Still hold great.

Haven't had any. Loved mine so much that I put them on my wife's bike and soon my son's.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2001
[Jul 30, 2013]
Robert Neuman

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, secure

Pain on left foot

Used them only for 2 days. Had a pain in the ball of my left foot on the second day. Used with SIDI Drago mtb shoes. Pain could be from the shoe or the pedal or combination. Sending them back.

[Mar 24, 2013]
quitorider

OVERALL
Strength:

easy to clip in and out. cleats are compact and last at least a year. work really well in muddy conditions.

my right pedal needs rebuilding after one year of heavy use. (it's at the shop now). i think the bearings need lube or replacement. even with this issue i still would buy another pair

I loved using these pedals from day one. I can only compare them to road pedals such as speedplay and dura ace. I haven't seen/read about other pedals that are designed and work as well as these in mud.

[May 08, 2012]
Jovey A

OVERALL
Strength:

DURABLE!! These are have zero maintenance needed, take a pounding and the float on them make it very knee friendly.

Like other's say - not for weight weenies

I first bought my first set of ATACs in 1999, and those pedals are now on my single speed commuter and still spinning well and holding me clip in, even when cranking out of the saddle. I bought my next set in 2010 and even they have a new look they are just dependable. I don't where the 120 bucks price tag comes from on here, I got mine new at the LBS and paid only 45 dollars for them. Cleats are are just as tough, I use my shoes for commuting as well as trail riding, hiked on them beat the pavement with them and they are still clipping in.

In all the years I have had them, I never ever maintained them - they just work. There are other flashier and lighter pedals out there, but if you want a product you just want to slap on and forget - then these are it. These suckers will probably out live me. If your not a gram counter and was something reliable - then these pedals are for you.

[Aug 24, 2011]
bryankauai

OVERALL
Strength:

just awesome. unbelievably reliable. NEVER pop out unless cleats are worn to down to tiny nubs...

not for weight weenies

these are bad ass! ive had tons of these on a wide number of bikes.
currently i have em on my mtb, roadie, hell even my tricked beach cruiser rain bike.

i was turned on to em while riding fix gears way back when. kept poppin out of my spd's while skidding or sprinting. friend said "try these" never looked back.

im never scared of pop out while hammering super hard on my ss mtb.
shed mud well.
just excellent. well made.

i ride every day and get about a year outta the cleats, just about the time my shoes fall apart.

set and forget.
i recommend to all
but not for weight weenies

spds, egg beaters

[Jun 01, 2010]
shafertl

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, reliable, easy to get in/out, maintenance free, sexy

nada

These pedals are the best. I've not tried many others, as I've been riding these pedals for more than 11 years. And judging by the other reviews on this site, that is not evidence of weak riding; rather, a testamony of strength and reliability. I've raged hard all over the Rocky Mountain west on these pedals and never had a problem. I just recently sheared one of the metal bars on a spring break trip to Moab, as I bashed it on a rock. I can't even be mad after almost 12 years of solid use. Hell...I'm still riding them now. I just don't use that side. So here I am considering a new set of pedal, investigating what new products have entered the market and what new technology has been created since my last pedal purchase. I'll be ordering another set of these.

ritchey SPD

[Mar 09, 2010]
rcknroll35

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid, clear mud, NO maintenance (EVER), love the clear "clank" noise when clipping, undestroyable

I never fell hard, so I'm not sure if they would easily clip-off, because they are quite stiff when compared to other pedals and there is no ajustment. This might be an issue to other people but no me.

Used those for around 8-9 years, transfering them from bike to bike as I went along and god are they great, good looking, solid and maintenance-free (9 years, never touched them). I really love the clear "clank" noise when clipping unlike other pedals where you're not to sure if you're clipped or not... Some will say that you don't have that problem "once you get used to" but why want to get used to them, if I can have pedals that could click right away, 100% of the time, without putting any afterthought, concentration on your feet??

If you don't care about not having any adjustment, then these (all Time pedals) are for you!

Highly recommended, outstanding product!! Will buy again if they EVER break!

Tried many pedals, many shimano's in fact.

[May 22, 2009]
zach lk sow

OVERALL
Strength:

easy to use

weight

my knees led my head to decide to try out clipless so that they can help out each other. Afer doing some research into clipless pedals, time atacs was what i decided to have and that is a very good decision.
Tried clipless for the first time, time atac is so easy to use, both clipping in and unclipping, the circular motion of pedalling really help my right knee, which is in pain for the past few months.
cann't wait to use it in my favourite trail in 2 days time.

[Jul 15, 2003]
Wayne

OVERALL
Strength:

Consitent release and entry. They do not prematurely release.

None if you read the instructions

These are a great pedal in the sometimes muddy NW. Far more reliable then any other I have tried. I think the people who are having a hard time with release either did not read the instructions about which cleat goes on which side or the part about angling the cleat slightly to make it easier. I will not ride anything else. The fact that they have a bigger profile then the egg beaters helps out when you have to get your foot on the pedal right of way. After 2 + years only thing to wear is cleat and plastic top cap. Small price to pay for such a great pedal. These are the Chris King's of pedals you get what you pay for.

Wellgo

[Jul 09, 2003]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Very easy to get in and out of. Very nice in having a larger platform to step on when not clipped in.

None that I can come up with, other than they may be a little heavier than other pedals.

The Shimano 505's sucked so bad I only rode with them about a half dozen times. I had such a hard time uncliping from them that I crashed 3 times in one ride due to the pedals. The 505's are really horrible in muddy conditions. I used to have a set of 737's that were wonderful, and never had the problems with clipping and unclipping.

It's amazing how much a set of pedals can effect your confidence when you you ride. I was so leary while riding with the 505's it really wasn't much fun.

It was a world of difference once I put the Time pedals on my bike. I had no trouble clipping and unclipping with these pedals on the first ride. It took no time to get used to these pedals, and now after a couple of rides I don't even have a concern about getting unclipped. These pedals are great even in the muddiest conditions.

Shimano M505 that came with my NRS1. The 505's sucked so bad I only rode with them about a half dozen times. I used to have a set of 737's that were wonderful. Once I

• Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.