Straitline AMP Pedal

Best Price At

[Jun 19, 2018]
Eder

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks great, light.

No bearings, just bushing... Yes, it is hard from the begin and never becomes smooth. Disappointing.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2012
[Dec 11, 2013]
kevin
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, low profile

Loud.
Not very durable.

I did not have a problem with them backing out like the reviewer above but they are very loud and do not spin smoothly at all. My bottom bracket is relatively low so I probably get more pedal strikes than most but I have two pins ripped out of the pedal body completely removing half of the threads so they cannot be replaced. Not just stripped out, half the hole was ripped off. This happened in one season and I haven't ridden a ton this season. Grip wise they are definitely adequate but not amazing. Good for such a light pedal I guess. Bottom line: you can 't have it all, if you go for these because they are super light like I did, great. Just don't expect them to be bombproof or as smooth as a pedal with steel ball bearings. My Kona wah wah's are just as low profile a little heavier and have taken a beating for 6 years.

Wah Wahs
Saints

[Jul 17, 2012]
teddy pendergrass
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

light and look good

noisy, will not accept a pedal wrench you must use an allen key to tighten, they back out and you have to use loctite

When these pedals were released I was super excited about them. They combined everything I was looking for in a pedal, light weight, excellent grip and they look boss. That's about where the good ends and the bad begins. I installed these on my bike, following the directions, I used no grease. First off they are really noisy, it sounds like you have baby birds under your feet they chirp so bad. After two rides I noticed that my drive side pedal was starting to back out , I re-tightened it and finished my ride. When I got home I found on the internet that this was an issue with these pedals and people had used blue Loctite to hold them in. I put blue Loctite and rode it 3 more times on the 4th ride a 30 miler in the mtns, my pedal backed out halfway through the ride. I tried to re-tighten it again but the threads were wallowed out. I had to ride it out that way effectively ruining my cranks. I sent Straitline an email but never received a response. I am now out 1 set of cranks and 2 sets of AMPS because I will not run them anymore. My advice DO NOT BUY THESE PEDALS!!!!

Fyxation Mesa MP