Race Face Chester Pedal

Best Price At
Best Price At
Available At

A new addition to the Race Face flat pedal line up: the Chester Pedal. This tough and burly nylon composite body provides a large platform with the same grip as traditional alloy pedals via the bottom loading 8 hex traction pins per side. Thin and lightweight is the name of the game with Chester, featuring a cro-mo axle that is fully sealed and a 100% serviceable bearing and bushing system. This pedal offers great performance for a wide range of riders at a price that leaves plenty of cash in pocket to spring for that round of bevies at your local watering hole after hammering out a day of hot laps with the crew.

[May 07, 2019]
Tronner

OVERALL
Strength:

Looking for a composite, lighter, and slightly thinner replacement for my beat up DMR Vaults (best grip ever for a flat). Tried the Crank Brothers Stamp 1 Small size and found it to be a considerable amount less grippy than the Vaults and the platform to be slightly too small (but felt the Large would be too big). Tried the Chester - overall platform size is perfect. They are very slightly smaller and thinner than the Vault - by my calculations it appears I gained about 2mm of clearance for pedal strikes, and the grip is probably 9/10 compared to the Vault being 10/10. Time will tell how they hold up, but for now they are exactly what I was looking for!

None so far!

2019
[May 21, 2018]
windsurfdog

OVERALL
Strength:

Great stiction, great price, great color selection. With my Bontrager Flatline Mountain shoe, I can't ask for better.

No weaknesses IMHO.

[Dec 10, 2016]
Doublebase
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent grip. Light weight. Very good looking pedals with nice color choices. Thin, with a wide platform.

I can't really think of any, but I have seen more expensive pedals "spin" a little easier (although I'm nitpicking here).

I generally buy pedals in the $40-$60 dollar range because my thought process is...they are going to get destroyed anyway...all I need is for them to grip and pedal. The Chester pedal grips better than the other pedals I've tried, and the platform is a little bigger as well. The pedal itself is pretty thin and light, yet durable. So for the price you're essentially getting what you'd pay for a much more expensive pedal. These pedals look like a much more expensive pedal and perform like it too. With them being composite they still look decent after they've been beaten to death by rocks. Although I only have 10 hours of riding in on them, they seem to be holding up well and handling all the pedal strikes Ive given them.

[Sep 06, 2016]
bitflogger

OVERALL
Strength:

Shape, price, performance, & weight. A thin pedal that doesn't have you feel the spindle or edges under foot.

None if you understand a nylon or plastic pedal is not metal, and if you understand these give you feel and performance normally had at higher prices.

I got these to have nice shape and performance flats on more bikes without breaking the bank. They were an immediate pleasant surprise. You don't feel the center the way you do some thin flats. They feel very good at the edges. They're super easy to adjust your position yet have holding power with good shoes.

This might be first review here by I'm not alone with this enthusiasm. I came across riders on trail and at trail head who also love these things.

Rock hits have damaged some premium pedals beyond ability to change pins or repair so that's another reason for wanting to try these. Risk disposing or recycling a $50 instead of $150 purchase.