Nashbar Soho Pedal

Flip flopping isnt just for politicians. The Nashbar Soho bike pedals give you the option to clip in on one side, or keep it casual and ride with your everyday shoes on the other. Its pretty much two pedals in one. There is no greasy hands, no remembering which way to turn the pedal wrench. Just put your shoes on and go.

[Mar 25, 2019]
twotired1

OVERALL
Strength:

I use these on my road bike, touring bike and Bike Friday tandem. I particularly like riding on the platform around town where there are many stops and starts. That's especially helpful on the tandem. Bearings are smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom. The composite frame is holding up well.

No real observed weakness, though I suppose some cyclists might prefer a more aggressively-"toothed" platform to better grip some shoes. Not an issue for me, plus if one of the platforms ever slams into my shins, any injuries should be minor! FYI: gravity causes the pedal to "hang" in such a manner that it's easier to step onto the platform when starting from a stop. I like that, though some may prefer the alternative. Easy to flip the pedal to the clip-in side, of course. Sadly, these pedals no longer seem to be offered by Nashbar at present (spring, 2019).

Price Paid:
Under $30.
Purchased:
New

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.