Easton Flatboy Pedal

If you're out ripping lift-access DH trails, hucking drops, or just making laps in the jump park all day, you need to be able to trust your pedals. The Easton Flatboys are the choice the of badasses like Brian Lopes. The Flatboys are built with Cromoly spindles and Alloy cages to withstand huge impact from both above and below.

[Sep 05, 2012]
Matthew

OVERALL
Strength:

So far, so great! We'll see how they hold up over the long run!

None so far...

Feel solid and well made. Nice to get 5 extra pins in the box. Nice that they showed up in a decent box, not falling out of a cheap box like other pedals I have purchased.

[Jun 07, 2011]
Adam Driedzic

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast bearings, stiff for power, thin profile for clearance, great grip on shoes.

None as long as you accept that it is a flat and it has the weight and thickness of a light DH/FR pedal.

These are awsome flats. They are better for all mountain riding than cheap clipless. I gave good value rating because I got them on clearance.

lots of flats and clipless pedals.

[Feb 16, 2011]
Bmx dave

OVERALL
Strength:

Size, grip,feel,strength

Price

These pedals are very nice
My big feet with tennis shoes stick like glue to these guys
I've rode a lot of bmx pedals and Easton is the favorite
The pedal is large and the pins are sharp and pronounced
Good low center of gravity
Wish they would cnc a little weight off

Kkt,dx,bullseye,welgo,

[Dec 04, 2010]
Jonpaul

OVERALL
Strength:

Large, Pins hold foot in place, look bulletproof and look good.

My feet were always moving around on my Rockhopper stock pedals and they felt small for my size 12-boot. Now, my boots seem to be solid with the pedal. These are the best pedals that I've ever owned; so, if you are a bigfoot, you might need these.

Stock pedals

[Mar 03, 2010]
flymo

OVERALL
Strength:

low profile ,grippy, light and look good.

i had some movement in one pedal and was told it needed a bering kit and cover was cracked and was told it would be a few weeks, 4 months later its not been resolved. i cant find any info on their web page.

ARE THESE PEDALS DISPOSABLE EASTON!!!! great when working 4 months is a bit too long to wait for parts though. if i got good service these pedals would get 100 flamin chilis

[Oct 13, 2009]
quasse
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Unbelievable grip, pins don't fall out, tough enough to hit on rocks and keep going.

These pedals literally feel magnetic, they have so much grip. I got these after riding on Wellgos for years, and the difference was unbelievable. Your feet will not come off unless you want them to, and I haven't had a crash caused by my feet slipping off the pedals since I got these.

[Aug 17, 2009]
Bigtime

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip my shoes, nice platform for my foot, make cool sounds when you bounce them off rocks.

None yet, maybe weight - but that's unavoidable in a pedal like this.

I was using pedals that had an SPD side and a flat side and found myself going to the flat side more and more in technical sections. I liked the SPD for long climbs but had also experienced more than a few SPD-aided tipovers in rocky sections (yes, I know how to adjust them and I know technique has something to do with it). The bottom line is that I found myself occasionally reluctant to try sections because I was clipped in, and the flip side didn't have a lot of grip on the shoe or support for an SPD-equipped shoe. After doing some research I decided to give the Flatboys a try, and also picked up some Five Ten Freeriders. I figured if the pedals didn't work out the shoes could be worn for casual wear so I wasn't out that $100.00. On the first ride I lifted my foot right off the pedal a few times, but never had an issue with lateral movement. The little grippers on the pedals really sunk into the soles of the shoes. I had to watch where I placed my foot on the pedal for the first ride but it soon became second nature as I developed a feel for the pedals. On the next few rides I slightly adjusted my pedal style from lifting the pedal on upstroke to pushing it forward over the top using the grip available to my shoes. Now that I have become used to the feel and the trade-off between being clicked in and being able to dab at-will I don't think twice about attacking rock sections and nasty little uphills that I previously would have hesitated on. Obviously without a mechanical attachment to the pedal you won't have that clicked in feeling, but I've come to feel secure and now prefer to the Flatboys to the SPDs for the riding I do. Anything like this is a trade-off; you need to decide for yourself if the lack of mechanical attachment to your bike is worth the free feel of a flat –pedal. For me it worked out and I don’t see myself going back to SPDs unless I know I’m going somewhere that will be long spin sessions on roads. These pedals offer a lot of grip to your shoe. They are slightly curved and support the ball of my feet well. They seem pretty rugged, I’ve bounced them off some rocks and while they got pretty deep scratched on them they still function perfectly. They’re not light, but for the mass they aren’t very heavy either. I’ll see how they hold up in the long run but for now I’m completely satisfied with my purchase,

[Dec 15, 2008]
drz400sm

OVERALL
Strength:

These pedals feel nice. They have a lot of traction, you wont lose your footing very easily. They look nice and ive always had good luck with easton products (mostly non mtb products tho).

Retail price.

These pedals seem very durable. I have hit them pretty hard quite a few times with only a few dings to prove it. The traction pegs are pretty sharp, i chopped up my leg good once, but it was my fault, not the pedals...any other platform will do the same thing. I only paid 45 bucks for these when i purchased a new bike, so as long as they last for the meantime i wont be too upset. They feel good so far and feel like they will hold up for years.

[Oct 06, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip well

Lasted 6 weeks, spindle stripped off pedal, unrepairable, company wont back product, LASTED 6 WEEKS only!!!

I thought Id give these pedals a go, I do a mix of XC and all-mountain riding...the pedals gripped my shoes really well, until a slight creaking develope din the right one, 2 minutes later the pedal slipped off the spindle, cleaned it up, looked at it, but it is unrepairable...contacted Easton US, Europe, Australia, nobody will follow up on the warranty claim, worst customre service ever - I will NEVER buy another Easton or Bell product again - there are enough choices out there to avoid companies like these - I understand its not your usual form of purchase, but they were BRAND NEW, for goodness sake, and the company won't stand up for them. AVOID EASTON PRODUCTS - if they fail, you're on your own.

Crappy plastics pedals that came with my bike

[Aug 13, 2008]
vbellpringle

OVERALL
Strength:

Grippy, wide, stable

Shinburger potential, weight--heavy,
Easton does not stand by this product if there is a problem!

These are great pedals and my first pair lasted 8 years. I bought a new set this year and the left pedal broke apart while I was riding on an EASY trail. The pedal fell off and the end cap was nowhere to be found. I called Easton and Weber Sports to see if I could get the pedal fixed or replaced. Both said "tough luck--buy another pair." I had only ridden on these pedals about 10 times before it broke and Easton said they would do nothing, despite having a supposed "2 year waranty" on them.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.