Sachs D.I.R.T. Quartz Derailleur

Sachs D.I.R.T. Quartz

[Dec 13, 2001]
Chris Arky

OVERALL
Strength:

well made with excellent design. Simple and effective. Reliable. Minimum maintenance. Fit and forget

None so far

Amazing bit of work, unusual design that really delivers the goods. I race and I don't want to have to think about anything but my line and handling. This rear mech lets me get on with it. I RECOMMEND!

Shimano STXrc, LX, XT and XTR.

[Dec 24, 2001]
Andy

OVERALL
Strength:

One pukka design great shifting and reliable. Light and easy to maintain, will take a lot of stick

No weaknesses

This rear mech really rocks. Delivers the goods every time shift after shift, well made strong and light. Its easy to maintain you can get to everything. Stonking design eleminates the loop in the rear cable so no sticktion. Beats the pants off Shimano gear. Five major chillis!

Shimano LX...XT...XTR

[Sep 23, 2001]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Light ..great design..strong & well built..Excellent shifting...reliable.

Seriously good rear derailleur. Very well designed..very strong with serious pivots ( well stronger than XTR )..light needs almost no adjustment. Set-up is easy..let it bed-in and that's it. Design means there is no cable loop so no stiction and nothing sticking out ot get caught. Heavy-duty recommendation.

Shimano LX...XT...XTR.

[Sep 23, 2001]
G Young

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, strong, reliable, consistent, well made, great design, easy to maintain.

Cannot see any.

This Mech puts Shimano into perspective, its loads better, its better than the XTR.The design is so obvious, why didnt anybody think of it before? The shifting is spot on and stays that way just set it up right. No friction in the cable because there is no bend. Its really light and strong.

Shimano XTR and XT.

[Sep 22, 2001]
Alvin Ashall

OVERALL
Strength:

Brilliant shifting. Very strong. Vrey light. Easy to maintain. Design prevents stiction.

Superb shifting time and again.Straight forward setting up. I was a bit worried that it doesn't have a barrel adjuster but I've realised it doesn't need one because there isn't any stiction in the system because of it's unique design. Very strong, I've come off a few times and wacked the mech but still no damage. Very light with some strong pivots. Everything can be seen to clean and lube. This is a really superb peice of kit. 100% recommendation, and worth the money!

Shimano XT, LX

[Sep 22, 2001]
M Clarke

OVERALL
Strength:

strong construction, super-light material,excellent design.

none so far.

Dissatisfaction with the performance & amazingly the durability of my Shimano XTR rear Mech made me look for an alternative. This D.I.R.T quartz is actually called the Sram not the Sachs now. Set-up is easy. Performance is outstanding. It outperforms the XTR, its as simple as that. More importantly it maintains it's performance even in the most demanding of conditions. It requires no tweaking after the initial cable-stretch.
It's the best rear mech that I have ever used. I commend it to anyone. Its design means that you can get at all the parts to inspect & clean. First class.

Shimano XTR,XT,LX.STXrc,Alivio.

[Jul 09, 2001]
Goose
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Shifts better than others I've tried. Very smooth, holds good chain tension, it's not shimano.

looks fragile, no tension adjustment on the deraileur.

After blowing up an LX and an XT deraileur this year I decided to buy from someone other than an over grown giant that doesn't give a crap about it's customers. Went with this and have been happy since. Spot on shifting, just as fast and precise as XTR. I guess it's light, but with a 37 pound bike, I didn't notice. Found it very easy to set up. Givin it five for value cause it's better than my old XT and LX, yet cheaper, and a four for overall, cause I'd give it a barrel adjuster if I could.

LX, XT, XTR

[Jan 28, 2001]
Mad Cyclist

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightness, easy clean,

Jockey wheels

These rear mechs are good if you don't have to pay full price for them! I got mine for £19-99, a very good bargain.

They're fine, shift well, and are easy to clean.

The only moan I have is the jockey wheels are a bit of a nuisance as they're sealed, and fiddly to service. I also found they can sometimes make squealy noises when they need lubing. Finally they need to be reassembled correctly. I had mine around the wrong way and they slipped like mad. Luckily it was pre race day so I could take them apart and investigate.
Since then, 450 miles, and no problems.

I've given them a 4 for performance. They are good once you've sorted them out.
If you can get them as cheap as I did they're worth a 5 for value.

DIRT Centera, DIRT Neos, DIRT Plasma, Shimano, Sachs Neos

[Mar 26, 2004]
Davide

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, easy to set up, very positive action

If you can get one of these buy one (or a bunch of them). It is light at 208 grams, with $10 more I got mine to 199 grams:

It works flowlessly, much better than my XT 2003 or XTR 1997.
Value is off the charts, this is XO quality at 1/6 of the price!

Shimano XT XTR

[Aug 07, 2004]
fatman a

OVERALL
Strength:

Design: look only at the cable geometry, e.g..

Had shifting problems lately, at first with my other bike (XT), then with the above, change of chain, rings, cables and shifters (from XTR to SRAM) did not help. Hibike had those "old" SRAM (in fact, Sachs) DiRT Quartz Ds on sale for mid 30 bucks. I read those reviews and bought one. Having mounted it, I sat in front of it at looked at the cable for a quarter of an hour, and thought: incredible, so simple, why did no one else think of that. The next revelation: you don't even have to know which screw goes for which shifting limit: you simply see which screw you have to handle. Then I got on the bike, shifting: much less force needed, but very precise shifting, all the same. I've just ordered another two.

Shimano XTR 98, XT 98; XT 00

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.