Truvativ Stylo OCT 3.3 Crankset

Truvativ Stylo OCT 3.3 uses hollow-forged Open Core Technology, now available for XC, Trail, and All Mountain riders. Chainrings are attached by AL Double Hex Type bolts. OCT drops weight while increasing strength and stiffness. New outer chainrings uses

[Nov 09, 2010]
TTTURNER

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight (809 grams on my scale), good looking, inexpensive. The bottom bracket bearings look like they can be serviced. I'm only giving up 12 grams to the XTR.

None so far.

I got tired of shelling out huge bucks for XTR 960 chainrings. I like to replace my chainrings, cassette, chain, and pulleys every year. I can replace this entire Stylo OCT crankset, with bottom bracket, for less than a set of XTR chainrings. The grey anodized finish on my XTR 960 looked terrible and couldn't be touched-up. They made my $5500 bike look beat. The Stylo OCT cranks perform just as well and the black finish is easy to keep looking new. Everybody knows XTR cranks perform flawlessly, but these do just as well at a third of the price. And I don't have to worry about a carbon crank in the huge rock gardens I ride.

XTR, AC, White, Race Face

[Jun 25, 2010]
XLNC

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight - cheap - also IMHO they look cool.

Forced to hide in the shadows of the Noir and the XX.

I feel this crank is underrated. It's a decent "hollow" crank that I think looks cool, and it's rock hard - I can crank as hard as I can and it's almost like it takes it and says "is that ALL you got??? Pfft. Wake me up when you actually want to start riding..." .... AND it goes for a good price (mid $200s (cdn) at a LBS - cheaper online) and as I stated I think it gets a raw deal because people want the carbon bling of the Noir or the XX cranks. I was offered a set of XTs prior to buying these, and so far I have to say I have NO regrets.

C'dale EX3.

[Feb 05, 2010]
fitter

OVERALL
Strength:

light stiff shifts before your done shifting ease of instalation

none found yet

well worth pissing the wife off for buying another toy. puts all your power to the rubber. knocked three minutes off my climb the first day.

xt lx stx-rc truv fived

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.