Truvativ Fire X SS Crankset 07 Oe Crankset

The TruVativ FireX crankset is a strong and smooth spinning crankset that is great for any XC singlespeed bike.

[Feb 20, 2013]
TBray9

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth, light, asthetically appealing

Weak. Bottom Bracket is even weaker.

Bottom Bracket blew up on my fourth ride. Totally normal conditions, with a couple of steep climbs. I felt one hard pop at the top of a steep climb just when I needed the power. Bearings were toast at less than a month old. I began using the Truvativ on my new SS. Maybe they aren't apples to apples, but the SLX I used on my old SS made this crankset and BB seem like cheese. I miss the strenth, durability, and stiffness offered by the Shimano. The truvativ fire x would be a good crankset if the BB were more robust.

[Apr 11, 2009]
chick n da woods

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good. Stylish

Aluminum crank bolts, buyer beware!

I have these cranks and while I was out on my ride yesterday I had 3 bolts come off during the ride. We found only one that came of and it was totally threaded. Little flakes of aluminum was coming off as we picked it up off the ground.

Luckily my husband took bolts from his Shimano cranks and let me finish some of the ride. In the end the chain ring was so bent from the chain slipping off that I had to walk the last 2 miles of the ride. Real bummer, Now I need to spend another $30+ for a chain ring and find replacement STEEL bolts for my cranks.

Never would have thought that something like this would happen on my cranks...oh yea all of my other bikes have Shimano or Race Face cranks, company's that do not use aluminum crank bolts.