Race Face Turbine Cinch 1X Crankset

Best Price At

[Sep 13, 2018]
OneTrustMan

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty durable. You can abuse them lots and lots.

Chainrings are too expensive compared to other brands with direct mount cranks. No boost offset chainrings. This crank works bad with boost rear hubs especially with an Eagle drivetrain or the e13 cassette. The chain line just isn't enough to work well with it.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018
[Jul 30, 2015]
J-Bone
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

well, strength. Strong and stiff.

none so far.

I swapped to a 1x10 set up. I first changed the chain ring but now went to a direct drive set up. Looks great and rides better. 30mm spindle is stiff and bullet proof. Uses 30mm external BB so that was annoying trying to find a company that had them in stock. When installing I had to back the cable guide screw out a few turns to make room for the bigger spindle. I just glopped it in thread glue and has not moved. But when it is in all of the way it will touch the spindle so that doesn't work.
There is a specific BB cup wrench that is required for BB install if using the threaded cup but if you are skilled with a channel locks and towel you can get buy without the $30 wrench. Just lube the threads. I paired the Cranks and Chain ring with a new XT Shadow Plus rear and is a very nice upgrade. The clutch prevents chain slap. I do not have a chain guide and have never dropped a chain. Even though the guys in the shops said Id need one-no reason to get one at all.

XT, Race Face, FSA

[Oct 15, 2014]
bowtiguy

OVERALL
Strength:

much lighter than my XT 24mm spindle crankset.
Easy front chainring swaps
rubber bumpers included for crank arm ends
30mm spindle is STIFF!!

only available in black when I purchased mine
Takes 30mm specific external BB's

I was trying to go tough yet light weight on my Yeti SB95 build. I decided to use a proper aluminum arm 1X crank set this go around VS. mounting a ring onto an old XT crank set. The 30mm crank set spindle is STIFF but requires a dedicated 30mm external cup BB. Race Face has one but Iike to use higher quality BB's ( CK's on all my other bikes). I bought the recently released Hope but it requires a Hope 30mm BB specific spanner wrench ($20). Value is off the charts! ($200 shipped on Ebay w/o BB) It would be nice to get these in silver or another color so they don't show so much wear. Other than that, bullet proof! I'll get a set for my MX YBB once silver becomes available.

• Available At