FSA Moto X Crankset

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 11, 2017]
    Fazeless

OVERALL
    Strength:

- They're black?

Garbage cranks. I bent the drive side crank arm off of a half foot drop and that somehow caused my non drive side to pop the crank off. Suffered a sprained wrist from these cranks... Might as well invest some money on a true pair of cranks (Race Face, SRAM, Truvativ) than pay for your medical nills (although I'm in Canada, injury isn't fun). Just replace these when you have the chance. I don't hate FSA, and I think they're an okay company, but these cranks? They shouldn't exist...

Throw them away.

[May 13, 2015]
    Mike

OVERALL
    Strength:

Strong durable crank at a budget price

Preload bolt is cheap and strips easily

I've had these crank in my woodman components elite frame and I've been riding everyday up at killington and these sCranks never bent and I'm 5'11" 245lbs. I've wrecked into trees and rocks and they still hold up strong. I don't understand all the bad reviews on here about this crank. The crank is amazing and even better because it's cheap

[Jul 05, 2013]
    Stephen

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks great....stiff and strong

These reviews are so funny....bent and twisted riding in my driveway...lol....bent when I crashed, and no warranty.... ummmm, usually that's how it works..I have FSA Comets on my 2013 Cannondale Scalpel and they are great....I ride serious technical trails in NEPA and since being a 29 er, ground clearance is low....pedals, crank arms and sprockets nail rocks really hard...ends are all nicked up, but wouldn't you know they are straight as an arrow...I cannot believe how strong the sprockets are....
    Negative reviews like these outlandish ones are usually by bad mechanics and angry people.

[Mar 31, 2013]
    premopies

OVERALL
    Strength:

None - poorly designed

Left arm crank comes loose due to weak and poorly designed pre load bolt

Basically there has been problems with the Gravity Moto - X and the FSA Comet single speed MTB cranks now for quite some time, both those cranks mentioned are often fitted to complete bikes to save money. I work in a bike shop and even after applying some loctite to the pre load bolt they work themselves loose. Once that happens your best option is to throw these pieces of crap in the rubbish bin. FSA will only tell you to apply some more loctite which is worthless once the pre load bolt has loosened. I personally put my FSA comet crank set in the rubbish bin after 2 months and up graded to a Shimano Zee crank set which has a very reliable system that does not come loose. I must point out I used to race many years ago but these days do not, but even commuting my customers have had problems with the Moto X crank set. Do not buy a bike with an FSA single speed crank set and if you do, get rid of it quick and replace it with a higher grade from another brand.

[Aug 26, 2012]
    mullen119

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks good, works good.

None that I have found.

I almost feel obligated to write a review because of all the bad reviews. I have had this crankset for two full seasons(on two different bikes) and had no problems with it. I have gone DH riding on multiple occasions and put them through a lot of abuse with no issues at all. Im not sure if people have not installed them correctly or what, but I have had zero problems.

[May 24, 2011]
    roadrashisfun

OVERALL
    Strength:

Um.....All aluminum so you can get like 50c for recycling

Absolute garbage you'd have to pay me to get another pair of these. I am a dirt jumper and the bent on the first jump I took them off of, I wasnt gonna make it so rather than case the jump i simply landed on top of it and the drive arm was facing at a downward angle nicked the top of the landing and bent. Extremely dissapointed in FSA cranks.

If you plan on doing anything with these cranks other than using them for a paper weight throw them away!!

[Apr 20, 2011]
    Stoica Adrian
    Downhiller

Strength:

those pice of crap is just now worth the money....buy a hussefelt..or if you have more money a holzefeller n' try to bent those ones:)):D:D

weak

[Feb 23, 2011]
    Hun

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks good. OE on the 08 Jamis XAM 2.0. Great customer service from Jenson USA.

I bought this bike for when I get stationed in Korea in a few months. I assembled the bike, tuned the suspension and rode around my driveway. After a few more tweaks jumped back onthe bike and I felt a slight bend on drive side!!! I'm glad I found the problem here, rather than Korea. I called Jenson USA and they told me to keep my OE cranks and shipped me Race Face Atlas AM!!! Who does that!!! I am still shocked. I think they found a customer for life.

Cranks are horrible. I have benn known to destroy some cranks (6'3" 240lbs), but this is not even funny! I bent them testing the suspension in the drive way! The bike never left the ground. Thanks the Jenson USA for their great customer service!!! Cant wait to try out the RF Atlas AM.

RF Evolve, Shimano XT, FSA Gravity Step up, also went extreme and put GT BMX cromo 3pc on my Santa Cruz Chameleon

[Nov 27, 2009]
    Chyna
    Downhiller

OVERALL
    Strength:

none really

this is a joke , this crank will bend by the tiniest gravel...
    I would not put it on a girl's beach cruiser bike

Shame on Kona for putting this chip crap on their bikes no mater how much they are trying to save , this crank is simply unacceptable!!!!

Shimano LX

[Sep 23, 2009]
    willielb

will brake as quickly

Even if it comes with the bike and you will be doing some freeride, replace immediately.

Shimano SLX