FIFTEEN G Fifteen.G OGA Triple Crankset Crankset

The Fifteen.G crankset uses a novel combination of features to provide a class leading value...

[Oct 03, 2013]
sean

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty black finish!

Everything else that makes it a workable component.
Lets begin with install: The BB spacers would not line up with my frame (I placed this crank on a VooDoo, then moved it to a Jamis, then moved it to a Salsa) to see if I had frame issues, I did not. After finding thinner spacers I was able to properly set the 68mm spacing I need for frame clearance. Once installed, it looked great and spun fine.
Use: This is where I have issues. After the four ride, thorugh normal MTB terrain the BB made a god awful crunching sound that can only mean one thing...bad bearings. I uninstalled, e-installed, cleaned, lubed, everything three times and to no avail. So I replaced the BB. same thing, but only took two rides.
Service: I contacted Fifteen G via e-mail, phone and snail mail to report my issues and received no response.

Skills: I am a certified mechanic since 1993 (the wonderful package insert states to only have a qualified mech. install or face the consequences for failure...) but I digress. I even took the crank and BB to MY mechanic (who has been wrenching since the wheel was square) and he said it was junk and unsalvageable.

Do not buy!!!!!!!!
For the same amount of coin you can get a very comparable FSA, Shim, or Sram that blows this hunk away. The company is non-existant, and would not last through even one good season.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.