WickWerks Mountain 2x10 Chainring

Excellent replacement chainrings for SRAM 2x10 cranks (and compatible MTB cranks like the Race Face 2x10). These rings are strong (7075-T6 aircraft grade, CNC aluminum), they're light, and cost a bunch less than SRAM chainrings -- and they're compatible with the XX, XO, ... and similar 4-bolt 120/80 mm BCD, 10 speed cranks. Best of all, shifting with these rings is superior with the Patented WickWerks shift technology. They shift fast and stable! -- When you want it.

[Mar 13, 2015]
BigSpin

OVERALL
Strength:

Very fast and precise shifting.. And that was converting from 3x to 2x with no swapping out derailleurs, just realigned the front derailluer and set the the stop. I put on a 36/22 which is perfect for around here and i was initially concerned about the jump from the 22 to the 36... Not a problem.. The thing actually shifts better than the xtr triple chainrings that it replaced. Customer service is awesome as well. I had a small hiccup on my part making a mistake and they worked with me to fix my own mistake. They got a customer for life because of that.

none so far.

awesome alternative to xtr.. And its american made!

[Jul 03, 2013]
Kevin Carlson

OVERALL
Strength:

Crazy fast shifting.

Wish it came in colors.

Put in on my Niner RIP9 two months ago and could be happier. Fast, flawless up/down shifting even under heavy cyldesdale loading. Gives rear shifting a run for it's money!

[Apr 14, 2013]
Herb Rodriguez

OVERALL
Strength:

26x40 instead of 26x39, one more tooth for top end. Upshifting is immediate and precise. No chain such while downshifting. Good price. Made in America! Easy to understand mounting instructions with troubleshooting tips included. Direct ordering and delivered to your home. Good looks and durability.

None so far

The makers of these rings say to "shift like you mean it". Meaning don't baby the front shifting but shift up forcefully. I couldn't agree more. Looking at the inboard side of the big ring you can see why. Comparing the large 40 tooth WickWerks ring to the XO 39 tooth ring you can see only two ramps to pick the chain up while shifting vs EIGHT ramps on the WickWerks rings. The shifting is immediate. Increasing a tooth on the top end is a plus as well. I didn't have any issues at all dialing in the front deraillure either. In fact on my bike (2012 GT Zaskar 100 9r) you can only lower the FD so much and the increased outside diameter of the 40 tooth ring helped to establish a closer space between the cage and big ring. No chain suck down shifting either. These are priced right and made in America! They come with new fasteners and excellent instructions to include troubleshooting tips if you have any issues. Order straight from their website and delivered to your door. What's not to like?

[Apr 11, 2013]
Nick

OVERALL
Strength:

Incredibly fast shifting
Predictable shifting even while under load
Durable
Lightweight

I picked up a set of 2 x 10 (26x40 tooth) Wickwerks chain rings last year for my 2012 Cannondale Scalpel 29er carbon 2. I upgraded to get a little more top end (38 to 40) and the hope of improved shifting.

I am blown away at how well Wickwerks rings shift. The front derailleur now shifts like the back. I used to have to slow my cadence and load slightly, then shift to my big ring while coming over a roller preparing for a fast decent. Now, there's no letting up and I have full confidence my bike will shift. I don't have to look down, and there's no chain suck while dropping from the big to small ring. It's tough to explain, but this design is supperior to any rings I've ever used. They are also very lightweight and durable and look great. I've smacked several rocks with them, and they have remained true and the finish still looks new.

These are better than any other front chainring on the market.

Note: I did have to modify the front (XO) derailleur slightly to get the larger 40 tooth rings to fit, by grinding about 1/4" off the cage (marking with a sharpy then grinding with a die grinder), which took me about a half an hour, but I would have to do that with any larger than stock 38 rings.

FSA, Shimano, SRAM XO, SRAM XX,

[Mar 01, 2013]
scott samoyan
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

best rings ive ever used!! expensive but you get what you pay for,a patented ramp system that shifts under any load conditions. was able to convert my xtr970 triple to a 2x10 and in minutes.

I was using a 1x10 33x11-36,i was shifting a whole lot more with the 1x10...now i actully shift less and the 24t is so nice for long climbs.and at a 10oz difference its no big deal.

everything