Blackspire Mono Veloce Chainring

Looking for a singlespeed ring for XTR? Blackspires Mono Veloce chainrings are perfect for singlespeeding!No ramps or pinsToThrow your chain - just pure 7075 aluminum for a long life,made in Canada. For best results, use an 8 speed chain. Jenson USA stafflikeThe SRAMPC-68 Compatibility: ChooseThe patternThat matchesThe BCD and drilling of your cranks Intended use: Singlespeed, Fixed Gear

[Aug 08, 2016]
cnordt24

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid
Quiet
Not too heavy given the material

NONE!!

I did a 10x1 conversion and this was the only option I could find at 32T/80BCD and it's been awesome!! Super strong construction, not overly heavy and I was shocked how quiet it was. I picked up at matching Blackspire bash ring and it's been just as great.. love this company!

[Jun 02, 2011]
sjpendleton

OVERALL
Strength:

Round, durable, good tooth profile, works great as a 1.x or as SS

None that I've seen

When I used it it was great. The chain engages great on 1x9, even on the ends of the cassette. I used a Paul Chain Keeper which kept the chain on, but it didn't even try to skip under pedaling load. Great chainring in that respect.

I just pulled this 32T ring off after a year and a half and ~1500 miles of riding and aside from the dirt, it's nearly pristine. There is no visible wear on the teeth. They're not finned, there's no side wear, nothing (totally unlike that Vuelta SS ring I used for 6 months that wore through half the teeth from the side in that time). I only pulled it off because I'm going to a 34T ring on this bike. I ordered a E13 Guidering for that because I can get it in red ano (I'm vain), but if that wears out I'm going back to the Blackspire because I know it's bomber.

It's also a good value, it's one of the less expensive chainrings out there.

Vuelta SS chainrings (not happy with them)

[May 26, 2010]
boroef

OVERALL
Strength:

-overbuilt, beefy construction
-7075 alloy (stiff!)
-precisely machined teeth
-round
-relatively inexpensive

I never review things, but this thing surprised me so much that it warranted that I should let others know about this great product. This chainring is relatively inexpensive (compare this to any other quality 130bcd ring and you will see what I mean), and is extremely well built. Not only is it overly built, but it's built of a very stiff alloy--7075. 7075 is traditionally more difficult to work with than 6061, but is stiffer.

This ring is totally round. This may sound strange, but having own a large number of various rings, not all of them are round. Infact, many of them are not. The machining tolerances on this ring is extremely high. This lead to the quietest my drivetrain has ever been. I literally only hear my tires humming on the pavement. The drivetrain itself is noticably smoother than before. Take note that many things affect drivetrain smoothness: chain tension, lubrication, roundness of cogs/rings, straightness of axles, chainline etc. I put this ring on my existing setup and immeditiately noticed an improvement.

Bottom line: dont want to spend big for a quality component? Look no further than Blackspire. I've never heard of them but wow, I will go to them if I need anything else. In this day and age where garbage sells and cost cutting is king, Blackspire put out a great component (the best ring I've ridden!) at low cost.

Sugino Messenger

[Sep 06, 2007]
Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

ROUND!!!! No tight/loose spot in chain, sturday so far! Light

It si l;ight - I wonder how long it'll last

A very light and round front chainring that makes for a smooth pedal stroke. Time will tell how long it lasts ... but so far it seems pretty darn solid

[Feb 04, 2008]
Julius

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks, price, light, solid.

Not sure about durability since it was pretty cheap.

I got this at Price Point for a good deal and the quality is pretty good and looks robust so far. Actually I used SS first for 1 month now I'm using the same ring for 1x9 drivetrain.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.