Taya Chain Chain

Taya Chain

[Dec 26, 2018]
uginzx

OVERALL
Strength:

Good price for durable chain

Didn't find. Chain connector from 9 speed chains is like KMC-Sram.

Price Paid:
2017
[Sep 12, 2009]
bikdav

OVERALL
Strength:

Serious performer for a department store chain.

TaYa's quick link gets a failing grade. I swapped it out and put a SRAM quick link in place of it. It works good, but I think I'm going to put the KMC "missing link" on it instead. KMC seems to be a great match to a lot of chains.

I needed a chain in an emergency. So I while in Walmart I spotted this Taya _ labled as Bell Sports _ chain for $10. I wasn't expecting great performance, but I figured it would at least hold me over. Guess what, I think I'm going to keep it. It isn't "top notch", but it works much better than I was expecting. If you buy one of these, swap out Taya's quick link for something else, because that is its only short fall that I found.

KMC, SRAM.

[Jul 15, 2003]
Bernie Martin

OVERALL
Strength:

The Chain seemed to be well made and I bought the top of the range one to make sure that I got quality

Didn't work!

Because I'm a tall rider, I'm using a 180mm Xt 9speed Crank with an XT 8 speed rear Cassette. I fitted the chain and the crank kept spitting it off after the chain would seem to `bunch up` then bale off the ring. I checked the adjustments-everything was fine. The chain just didnt like the chainset and behaved as if the links were not made to the right size. I put a Sachs PC 68 on and everything was fine. Buy Sachs drive Chains if you do big miles and dont want to be caught out on the trail!!

Sachs PC 68

[May 31, 2003]
JT

OVERALL
Strength:

The chain looks good. Looks can be decieving.

The chain did not work with my Shimano IG cassette. I bought the Taya Relief chain, thinking correctly that a stretched chain was causing skipping. I bought Taya because Nashbar was selling it at a low price. The problem of the chain skipping remained, so I replaced the cassette. (expensive!) The chain still skipped, so I bought a Sram pc48, ($15 at a local bike shop) and the problem went away. The Taya chain is in the trash where it belongs, and I now have one good Sram chain and two good cassettes. Buy Sram - stay away from the Taya Relief.

Don't buy the Taya Relief chain.

Original Shimano chain, replacement Scram PC48

[Sep 16, 2006]
Ricardo Chaveiro

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, strong, durable

i haven´t found none

it´s a great chain it has loads of miles in it and it never braked, i thing it is a good chain as long as we take the proper cares to keep it as good as new, it still in use, i mean it has an year and it´s as good as new, and trust me my bike is used every day with rain, dust, mud every thing u can imagine that can destroy a chain, and it´s still good i reconmend :)

shimano hg chain

[Nov 11, 2001]
John Wilson

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to find (Halfords are everywhere!)

Breaks. The connector is NOT reusable.

a. They DO break usually at the special link.
b. Whats the point of the special link if you can't split the chain and reuse it?
c. Theres a lot of mud in my area and I get real bad chainsuck, a really clean chain helps and I always clean it off the bike so a reusable link is important.
d. Noone should buy TAYA - get Sachs they're better chains and easier to split + the links are reusable.

Sachs/SRAM + one Shimano (no thanx)

[Jul 24, 2001]
adam the monk
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, Shifts Fine

EVERYTIME You Take A Link Out you get a stiff link, this is easily solved though

i ve given it loads of abuse and it's still going, it has never failed me, even if it does shift badly (which it doesnt) if you are lookin for a tough, cheap chain get it!

lots

[Sep 24, 1998]
bboy
racer

OVERALL

Oh boy what sh*t. The shifting with this chain is mediocre, the noise is lightly more than a Simano or Sachs and those tooless links are pure crap. I broke two of the links on rides, one right before a race and I was out of the links. Had to make my chain stupidly short. Finaly replaced it with an HG-90. Much more happy chain.

[Jan 08, 2000]
Jason
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

If I have to say something positive it would be The link

Very poor quality, I question the durability of the chain.

This chain only had 300kms of trail/road riding. The chain felt like it was trying to skip constantly, it wasn't obvious, and the bike shop thought my XT derailler might be causing the problem, so they replaced it and the problem continued. I have never experienced a chain react like this before. The bikeshop replaced it with a Shimano HG70 and the problem was solved. I tried to contact Taya by mail to explain the problem but I am still weighting.

Sedis, Sachs, Shimano HG70

[Jan 08, 2000]
Mitch

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to service, Price

None that I've found.

Sorry kids, no problems with this chain. I weigh 225 pounds and have tortured this chain for 2 summers without problems. My son has the same bike with similar set up and I have not had to work on it at all. I lube mine with Krytech and my son uses Ice Wax. I would buy them again.

Shimano

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.