Sachs PC-41 Chain

Sachs PC-41

[Jan 27, 2007]
Jimbo

OVERALL
Strength:

Works good

none so far

Still have this on my bike, although I have since snapped my old giant (was my around town hack that turned into my only bike 6 years back) and it's on my latest rig as I'm slowly getting a new drive-train together. Sweet as chain for me.

[Oct 23, 2000]
Jan

OVERALL
Strength:

very strong, easy to mantain, cheap

I`ve been using Sachs PC41 chain for 2 years and so far no problems with it. I tried some similar products like Shimano IG 31 (piece of crap), but no other chain beats my Sachs. Driving is smooth and very quiet. I`m a casually rider and I think for my purposes this chain delivers very much. After 3000 km the chain looks like new. For an ordinary (not extreme) rider this is an excelence choice.
Well done SACHS!!!

shimano Ig 31

[Aug 19, 2000]
Rob

OVERALL
Strength:

strong v-cheap good lotting shifts well. powerlink dosn't seem weak. it suvived being crushed 5 times between by bashring and a wall!

my chain seems to rust whaterver lube i use

top product buy lots as they don't last forever, but are the best you can get for the cash

shamano chains, streached too easy.

[Jun 29, 2000]
Sherman

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong
Powerlink
Price

This is a great chain for the price. I read somewhere that this is not for hardcore use or something but I use it for all types of riding and it works great, I have not broke it yet and since they are so cheap I bought a mess of them.

Shimano
Sachs 55 level chain

[Dec 03, 1999]
Joe (Radar)

OVERALL
Strength:

It's the best product there is, and the powerlink, cost, long life, smoothness, shifting quality and price is cool too.

Absolutely none.

The best chain there is, save for the higher end power chains. You can find it for $10-$12 mail order or about $16 at a LBS. The power link is totally reliable, and if you happen to break the chain in the race you can connect it very quickly again with another powerlink which is so small you could put it any where.By the way, this chain lasts at least twice as long as Shimano chains, you could probably get about 1000-2000 off road miles with it.5 StarsRadar

Shimano IG 31
KMC Z chain

[Oct 25, 1999]
Jimbo
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

inexpensive, masterlink is great, works with Shimano drivetrain

Bottom line is: This chain works just as well with a Shimano drivetrain as a Shimano chain and the masterlink makes it much easier to remove, clean, and replace. And it cost $6-$8 less than the IG-70 I ussually purchase. If a Shimano junkie like me praises this Sachs product, it must be good

Shimano IG-70, blahblahblah

[May 17, 2001]
Matt

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, Easy to remove/install/repair, Relatively Tough

Strength (at least for a 250+ lb rider)

Actually PC-48 (2000 Model) This model has been pretty good. I've gone through 2 in the last 10 months. The first one worked pretty well, I think it broke once. Then about 6 months in it started loosing bearings right and left (sometimes 3 in a 5 mile ride). This may be due to the fact that the bearings are softer than Shimano Chains, but has the positive effect of sparing your driveline. The first chain died in a Crank Failure (Small ring folded, as I said above I weigh over 250 lbs and ride relatively hard). I replaced it with another PC-48. 3 weeks later I snapped the chain twice on a grueling 13 mile ride in Texas. It is very possible that these two failures were due to mis-shifts. I also had several stiff links which I was unable to fix with a chain tool so it is a little short and I am replacing it after 1 month with a PC-68. Hopefully it will be a little stronger. I just hope SRAM doesn't have any more Hydrogen Embrittlement Problems in the Nickle Plating process. I would definitely recommend this chain for lighter riders. I will see how the PC-68 performs with my heavy self.

Shimano IG

[Jul 13, 2005]
Kevin
Downhiller

Strength:

links break easily, chain kinks easily, does not ride smooth,not overly light, overall i liked my sram much better

overall i thought it would be a good chain at first but then i noticed it was kinking and i couldnt fix it. then i was accelerating one time and it broke. i have used it for about 2 weeks now and i'm going back to my sram. p.s. still better than shimano chains.

sram, kmc, shimano

[Dec 15, 2000]
Peter

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, it works as good as any other chain

I keep my drivetrain components (e.g. - chain rings and cassette cogs) virtually indefinetly, but I replace my chain about twice a year (spring and fall). If you replace your chain frequently (before it has stretched/worn appreciably), it will preserve your other components and provide you with great shifting. I figure about $20 a year on chains is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of bicycling expenses. The PC-41 chain works just as well as anything more expensive.

I don't remember when I didn't use a Sedisport chain

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.