Sachs Chain Chain

Sachs Chain

[Sep 05, 2003]
#5 is alive

OVERALL
Strength:

stonger than shimano

not as smooth like shimano

I've seen lots and lots of J.R.A.s in my time and it ain't over yet.Chains usualy break for a reason,and often
it's not the chain's fault.A new chain that skip's tells me that the old chain was on left too long and the cogs are worn .It takes a minute to get it checked and guess what(to all so called experts) IT's FREE.Get it done once a month and save money.Anybody can snap a chain and YA don't have be moving to do it.So if your last chain lasted 2 or 3 years (I'm assuming the bike was new back then)the problem would be betwen the seat and the handle bars. I rest my case,live long and prosoer

[Oct 07, 2001]
jason

OVERALL
Strength:

Powerlink rules, Strong, strong, and Oh yeah, Strong

Zip, nada, nothing

This chain rules! I have the PC-99, and have not regretted the purchase. I am 6'1" and 245lbs., and this thing still works unbelievably well. Shifts well, and is incredibly easy to clean thanks to the powerlink.

Shi(t)mano IG & HG

[Jul 19, 1999]
David Eastwood

OVERALL
Strength:

the best chain out there.

This chain pc41 is great i love the power link it makes cleaning the chain so easy. Works good after year of hard riding, the best there is .

forgot?

[Sep 27, 1998]
Alex Wassmann
racer

OVERALL

Gents,Power Link MUST be used when assembling either a PC-61 or PC-91 chain. Both use super hardened pin and outer-link plates that will deform-weaken dramatically in the event of re-use...hence the P-L. To use P-L, thumb and forefinger lightly compress center of both outer-link plates & slide in opposite directions...more force=more frustration.

[Oct 02, 1998]
UNgasha
racer

OVERALL

I have the PC-51 chain, and this thing is the bomb!!! I've had no trouble riding with it, and servicing this thing is a breeze!!! Taking links out is easy and painless, and I've only snapped one link on it in a year!!! All I had to do was take that link out, reattach the chain, and I was on my way. (I learned that my chain was a link too long because I re-adjusted my deraileur, and my shifting is flawless now.) Sach's rules!!

[Sep 24, 1998]
Harper

OVERALL

Bought a Klein 4 years ago equipped with a Shimano IG chain. First ride up a hill - chain snapped and I busted my nuts. Angry man I was. Replaced the links. Next day same BS. Purchased another chain at the nearest bike shop. Showed my loyalty to Shimano and went with another IG. Denied! It broke within 2 weeks. Switched to Sachs and have never had a problem since. I ride on three continents each year through the worst conditions and have yet to break a Sachs. I still run an XTR groupo - but my choice for chains is Sachs.

[Mar 19, 1998]
Mike

OVERALL

I have the Sachs M-90 chain and it is one tough cookie. I had an accident with it late last summer. The chain jumped of the largest rear cog (derailer out of alignment) and preceeded it eat my wheel, breaking two spokes and eating nearly through on four others, but the chain is none the worse for wear. I don't know if they used harder metal on this design or not but it holds up well to abuse and the occasional miss shift. Shifting is smooth with the shimano cassettes and cranks.

[Jul 22, 1997]
Dillon
weekend warrior

OVERALL

Just snapped a 6 week old Shimano chain, so I bought a Sachs M-55, extremely happy so far, shifts well and is smooth and quiet. I had bought a Shimano IG-90 to replace the broken one, but took it back after reading these reviews. Good price too.I taught me that I need to carry a chain tool and spare links. I thank Shimano for that.

[Jul 17, 1997]
John Theal
weekend warrior

OVERALL

Excellent chain. Better than Shimano, particlulary their IG chain which snapped on me within a week of purchasing my bike. Seems to work well with shimano drivetrain components as well. All in all and excellent, durable chain.

[Jul 13, 1997]
Eric

OVERALL

Just got the SC-55. Excellent chain that is quiet, smooth and strong. A must to upgrade to. Might have to replace your rear cogs and or chain rings depending on how much they are worn if you put the new chain on.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.