KMC Chain Chain

The versatile KMC X10SL-CP is an easy upgrade to any Sram, Shimano, and even Campagnolo 10-speed drive train.

[Jul 19, 2019]
las-palmas

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and run smooth until you pedal hard.

I only managed to break 2 chains (I am not that strong) and both were KMC 10 speed. Never had a problem with XTR chains.

Price Paid:
2013
[Jul 10, 2014]
trmn8er

OVERALL
Strength:

Came with my bike

Horribly impossible to remove Missing Link by hand on the trail

Just a crap design, and KMC does not stand behind their product. I prefer the SRAM Powerlink and chains. Easier to remove by hand with no tool needed.

[Nov 05, 2013]
Adam Miles

THE CHAIN

came on my scott scale bike. failed within first 100 miles. bent all my rear mech beware!

[Oct 20, 2013]
cjs

OVERALL
Strength:

None! this chain sucks

Everything! this chain sucks

This chain sucks, bought 2 because i was on a budget. One broke on first ride, the other broke while bike was on the stand. THIS CHAIN SUCKS! SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS! Don't buy it, dont put it on your bike even if its free.

[Jan 25, 2013]
Dustin greenlee

Every link

My Motobecane came with the KMC X10SL it broke 3 times in the first 80 miles.

[Jul 27, 2012]
jesse

OVERALL
Strength:

nothing

broke on me wiithin a day, stiff links

these chains suck ass never getting one again

[Jul 19, 2012]
Jetsmoother

OVERALL
Strength:

That would be an oxymoron.

metal integrity, construction, quality control, durability

The KMC Z-7E: Worst bicycle chain ever produced.

Inferior metal is bad enough when used in non-critical applications. When cheap metal is used for a component that depends of tensile strength, it's not only frustrating, it can also be dangerous. In the nearly 50 years I have been riding bicycles, I have never encountered a chain break, up until now. Additionally, the bicycle this chain was installed on only had a couple of hundred miles on it, if that. Under no circumstances would I ever puchase another KMC product.

[Mar 30, 2012]
azs13
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

nothing I noticed

skips gears a lot
broke after ~500 miles

This review is for the KMC X9.93 XSP
This chain was on the bike when I bought it brand new and after a few months of mainly only trail riding (no serious DH or anything) one of the links snapped and about a month before this it started to skip gears really bad but after inspecting the chain I found no real flaws so I kept going with regular maintenance and everything. Chain was not neglected, it just sucks. Went with a Wippermann ConneX this time so we shall see how this works.

[Aug 31, 2011]
dlq001

OVERALL
Strength:

Long life, strength

None that I've found... Well, I finally had to replace it after ~8000 miles of urban riding, yea, it's worn some...LoL

This is a review for a KMC XSP-X9 chain. It came on the bike so I don't know the cost of one. I'm gonna guess that it's in the $15 range.
I ride 150-160 miles a week, to/from work and trails on the weekends.
It is toast now and I'm replacing it with another KMC chain. And why not, after 8000 miles it still shifts good, and doesn't jump teeth on the sprockets. More than I can say about the Sram PC-971 which I tried and it jumps on all the rear gears including the ones I never use.
Haven't decided between the KMC X9-73 or the X9-93, both under $35.
I would recommend KMC to anyone looking for a good chain...

SRAM

[Aug 01, 2011]
kzeiszler

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for the K710 Kool chain: great chain, no complaints,looks nice, heavy duty

heavy if you care I sure dont

If you need a single or a fixed chain this one works great even with skidding, it has deep holes so chain rarely falls off even when loose.

scram

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.