Truvativ Bashguard Chain Accessories

Forged from a 5mm thick place of 7075-T6 alloy, the Bashguard protects your chainring and Boxguide from everything you slam into. Designed to be used with the Boxguide, the Bashguard's adjustment slot allows the Boxguide to be easily repositioned without removing the Bashguard.

[Jun 23, 2011]
despisable hero

OVERALL
Strength:

None. I think my sons T. Rex Toy Story toy would have lasted longer.

Weeeeaaaak! I ride xc. Got sick of bending chainrings so I bought this piece of crap. It cracked and fell apart like an empty beer bottle at the first sign of a fist sized rock. Don't waste your hard earned money on this. Spend an extra 10 bucks and get one made of aluminum.

Truvativ bashgaurds suck donkey balls!

[May 07, 2011]
Herger

OVERALL
Strength:

It looked really strong; no installation difficulties

Physical. Its weak. I thought polycarbonate would make for a strong bash guard but I was wrong.

I was doing a slow rollup to a 12" X 12" square steel tube (construction at the local airport gives me good things to ride on :), right foot forward but my balance was off a bit so the bashguard hit pretty solid (approach speed was 3 mph). After the "clunk," I looked at the guard and sure enough, there was a crack from the edge to the bolt hole. For a "bash guard," this one is a complete joke.

CN: Don't buy this if you actually plan to use it.

None.

[Aug 16, 2010]
scrapper96

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight

Won't fit on my Evolve XC or Evolve DH cranks.
Feels brittle and would likely shatter upon impacts.

Don't bother with this one. I bought the 2009 version thinking that the bad reviews were for older models. this one is crap too. Wasn't even able to try it because it won't fit.

Race Face Evolve DH aluminum bashguard.

[Sep 08, 2009]
donalfitterer

Strength:

Broke within a week of installation

I ride over logs, no rocks or curbs. I weigh 170lb. Cracked within a 5 rides. Fell apart yesterday. I would not recommend this ring for any reason. It is worthless. If you plan to ride over any sort of obstacle do not buy this ring.

XT chain ring

[Sep 08, 2009]
Donal Fitterer

Broke in a week

Ring cracked in a week. I am 170lbs and all I rode over was logs, no rocks or curbs. Hit a tall log and didn't make it over. Cracked and finally lost a piece a day later.

XT chainring

[Jun 02, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

looked good

shattered like glass the first time I bashed it

worthless it shattered like glass with a minor impact.

[Sep 18, 2005]
Walton Brush
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap

Only bashgaurd that can be used with the box chain guide, weak

It's cheap and will break mine broke in less then two months.

[Oct 26, 2003]
Aaron Buckett

OVERALL
Strength:

looks cool and functions well.

could be a bit thicker and a bit stronger.

not bad at all for the price, but it might be worth putting in the extra dollars for a blackspire or evil 13, but if your running a Truvativ Chain Guide 2 then this is your ownly option from stopping thse damn rocks and branches bashing your chain ring.

blackspire

[Nov 29, 2003]
Wormman

OVERALL

You would expect to buy a Truvativ guard and have it fit a Truvativ crank??? WTF?? No it would not fit the Truvativ arm on my bike...i have a Blackspire on order.....

I guess i cant really rate this guars seeing how it wouldn't fit my bike....besides not fitting, it was also way smaller than my chainring...maybe the guy at the bike shop gave me the wrong one, but it does LOOK like it will fit, it just wont go on. Sad how a Truvativ guard wont fita Truvativ crankset

Plastic Crap

[Jul 11, 2006]
Mike

Strength:

cheap plastic piece of crap

I bought this because I was tires of bending my big ring on logs and occasional rocks. On about it's seventh ride it cracked right off on a log. Now I am not a lightweight at 190lbs but I am hitting these obstacles while maintaining contact with the ground for the most part (no big air tricks taken here for sure). Truvative/SRAM customer support really sucks. They won't stand behind a product which is designed to take a beating after it fails to do what it is suppose to do. When you spend $40.00 on a peice of plastic you would hope to get your money's worth. Do not waste your money on this product. Go with a company that is dedicated to customer satisfation and product integrity.

e.thirteen

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.