MRP System 1 Chain Accessories

• Elevated chainstay 36T to 44T compatable.
  • For technical, World Cup style courses and Dual Slalom
  • Compatible with most standard (lower) chainstay bikes too!
  • Available in 110mm/94mm 5-bolt & 112mm 4-bolt.
  • Now available in the standard thickness or NEW Fatty version.

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 23, 2003]
    Casual Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

EZ to set-up.
    Does the job.
    Very quiet.
    Don't know why I didn't get it sooner.

Instructions are a little hazy... doesn't tell you which roller goes where, so I installed them incorrectly resulting in a lot of chain noise. Finally reversed them, now they are very quiet.

When my old Deluxe was still a 3-ring bike, the worst thing that could happen when my chain dropped was a surprise shift into my granny gear.
    Now that I'm only running 1 ring up front, the MiniMe is a necessity. Get it and install it before your chain drops during a group ride and you get left behind by your best buds.

None... this is the first chain-guide I've ever purchased, but I'm glad I go this one.

[Nov 01, 2002]
    Andre Sanches

OVERALL
    Strength:

Reliability, strenght of materials, bash protection, smoothness of the pulleys and ajustability of the pulleys' height.

The V-plate which holds the pulleys can get loose. So make sure to fiz your BB cup very well.

I am not sure how much this chainguide costs, however, I believe it is one of the cheapest MRPs you can get. It is only for elevated chainstay bikes. If you run on a 44 t chainring, you might want to get a chainguide for 44t+ chainrings, that way you get a little more "bash" protection and the chain won't jump off the ring on fast rough sections.

Other MRPs on other bikes, and Truvativ's chainguide

[Feb 17, 2003]
    e

OVERALL
    Strength:

works great, smooth, durable, low maintenance

does it come in system 2?

Takes a beating. Works Great. 32T Ring lets me pedal up and DH. Same size as Race Face 4 arm bash guard.

wc sys 2

[Sep 30, 2001]
    jon

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, strong, looks very cool

i got this chain device when i first got my bike and the chain has not come off once in over a year. it's also took some serious punishment and it still performs great. well worth the money.

[Aug 02, 2001]
    Forrest Arakawa

OVERALL
    Strength:

Super beefy yet lightweight.. You can choose either 3mm or beefy 5mm thickness for outer plate. Easy to set up. Doesn't move or come loose. Holds the chain well. No noise no rubbing.

I've bashed this thing around plenty... Learning how to ride a DH bike really puts the hurtin on your gear. You really have to own a durable set up. I thought this thing was going to get destroyed but it held up without a problem. I've hit is so many times you can't imagine. Drops to flat, casing huge boulders! Anyway the World Cup works great and is user friendly. I'm not a mechanic and it was really easy for me to set up... Just read the directions and your off!!!

Thanks,Forrest

Mr. Dirt

[Apr 06, 1999]
    DHRIDER

OVERALL

OF COURSE YOU BENT IT, YOU CAN'T DO TRIALS WITH IT, IT'S LIKE DOING A HILL CLIMB WITH A ROCKY MOUNTAIN RM-9! DUH!!!! I HAVE THE SAME ONE ON MY KONA STAB AND IT HASN'T BENT AT ALL.

[May 21, 2001]
    Justin

OVERALL
    Strength:

It works. can be quiet if it is set up right.

Can be a pain is the a$$ to set up.

Great product, it just takes a while to customize it so it'll fit on some bikes. I had to bend, cut, and file it; but now it's great.

[Mar 14, 2003]
    andrew taylor

OVERALL
    Strength:

built tough to last

this is a great product and i wuoldnt go without it

just a truvative bash guard

[Nov 13, 2000]
    Forrest A

OVERALL
    Strength:

Really strong. Easy to set up. Chain rides smooth over the rollers. No noise at all.

I really thought that setting up this guide was going to be a pain in the as$ but it was quite easy. I'm a lame mechanic but it was easy even for me. I'm running a 42t ring and it seems to work great. Banged the ring really hard a few times and not a scratch on the plate. Chain has yet to come off... MRP really has this thing dialed.

Mr. Dirt

[Aug 02, 2000]
    Joey Malingas

OVERALL
    Strength:

Chainguide works good for some bikes.

Condescending tech support. After calling long distance several times to get some info the guy told me "thats all the free tech support your gonna get". I didnt know that it was going to cost extra for tech support. The guide cost about $160.

Im not gonna trash the product because its good. Make sure it is compatible with your bike. I had to modify it by bending it in a vise. I wanted to make sure I was doing it right before I trashed it. When I called to ask more questions the dude told me "ryan said he gave all the help he could and if you cant figure it out then you should go to a shop". Ive been a mechanic and I dont know of any shop that would modify an expensive part like this. They would tell you to buy a different one that fits. Very unprofessional on MRP's part. They are also understaffed.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.