Sunrace MX 10sp Cassette

Best Price At

Sunrace MX 10sp cassette, 11-36t: Super Fluid Drive shift profiling, compatible with SRAM and Shimano 10sp drivetrains Weight-optimized steel rings, machined aluminum spacers, champagne finish

[Sep 16, 2016]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, 10speed, consistent range between gears

Slightly noisy until after a few hours use

Top cassette, light 381g for 11-40t, looks nice with red anodising, alloy 40t is very stiff under power shifts

XT 11-36

[Jul 16, 2016]
Joe Handlebar

OVERALL
Strength:

Light (MX3 w/aluminum 42); perfect shifting w/an all SRAM set-up. The red lockring/spacers match my bike ;)

Haven't used it enough to expose any weaknesses per se. Time will tell on durability.

Even though you see an MSRP of $42.00, I was hard pressed to find the MX3 for less than $60 (Which I did on "the 'bay" with free shipping), so I will presume the MSRP is for the CM, which has a steel 42 vs. the lighter aluminum cog on the MX. Six of the ten cogs (three each) are on very nice aluminum spiders which does two things: reduces over-all weight of the cassette and also allows for safer use on aluminum free-hub bodies, both pluses. Also, the spiders, spacers and lockring are a great color red, which admittedly, adds a bit of bling factor. My bike came stock with a SRAM 1051 cassette and a KMC chain and it shifted with no issues. The SunRace cassette paired up with a SRAM chain shifts like a champ and is quiet to boot. Two years ago I helped my neighbor/riding buddy go to 1x10 with a OneUP, narrow wide chainring, etc... His set up was well over $150 just to get into the cassette, OneUp and chainring. Going with the SunRace cassette and a narrow wide by "SoloRide" was less than $80.

This cassette came in at 387g, only a ten gram vs. my 11-36 @ 365g. Considering I lost the front shifter, derailleur, cable/housing and the small chainring/bolts, 22g is paltry. Overall, I lost nearly 3/4lbs off my bike and I have all the gear I need for the front range of Colorado. There is not a ton you can't ride up with a 32x42, even for a guy like me in my mid 40's and not able to get the massive miles in I used to. I suppose if I needed to, I could always go to a 30 up front.

All in all, I would recommend the SunRace cassette to anyone looking to go 1x (they have an 11 speed offering now too). It's a solid buy at a great price point.

SRAM and Shimano cassettes

[May 04, 2016]
watts888

OVERALL
Strength:

Wide range 10-speed cassette for less
alloy carrier for the 6 largest rings (2 carriers with 3 cogs each)
good gear spacing

weight. the steel 42T cog is heavy

Review of the Sunrace 11-42 widerange cassette with steel 42T ring. CSMS3

For a widerange cassette, it's great. smooth gear changes through the entire range, and good shifts in and out of the 42T cog. The steel 42t cog is a big heavy, but it's strong so you don't worry about wearing it out or over using it if you want to bump up the chainring tooth count.

SRAM 10-speed cassette PG-1030

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.