Shimano XTR CS-M9000 Cassette

• A new HG-X11 specific tooth profile.
  • Carbon spider with aluminum, titanium and steel cogs.

[May 02, 2020]
Cayenne_Pepa

OVERALL
Strength:

Butter-smooth, "Rhythm-Step" shift ramps and CAD modeled tooth profiles. Granny cog is alloy and the rest is Titanium, held together by a carbon spider. Close range gaps and fast, crisp shifts. Still works with existing 10-speed Shimano freehubs.

1) SRAM XX1 is still lighter 2) No 46t option 3) 11-40t cassette only appeals to Cyclocross crowd or the strongest of riders 4) Pricey

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
[Jul 27, 2015]
GearJunkie

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth shifting, light weight

Gear ratios are really tight and a bit limited on the top end.

Running 2x11 on my Scott Spark 700 (650b). Previously ran 2x10. The 2x11 setup has a good array of low end gears for climbing. However, the top end is limited. This may not be a problem for most folks who only ride their mountain bikes on dirt. I do a bit of road riding to/from the trailhead. On the downhill road sections, I easily reach the highest gear the bike has, which is around 20 mph. Would be nice to have something a little higher, but not a deal breaker. The bigger problem is that the gear ratios are very tightly packed. A single shift up or down just doesn't feel like a big enough change for me. I find that I double shift up or down more frequently than I think I should. I prefer the 2x10 setup more than the new 2x11 standard. It's not horrible... I just don't think its optimal.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.