Delta Aztec Powerline Brake Cable Set Cables

[Sep 11, 2007]
Robert

OVERALL
Strength:

Trick Looking

Flawed concept. Super finicky to install. Not durable. Vague brake feel.

I run Mechanical disc brakes and was thought these looked cool and might give better performance. Took a couple of hours to do the brakes and the Cables. Took a couple weeks for my wife to forgive me all the swear words she heard coming from the garage. I heard these were hard to set up, but considering myself a good bike mechanic I didnt let it deter me...I should have listened. After finally setting them up, I was rewarded with bad performance, and my rear brake line fell apart after only a few months...and this is my backup bike! The cables kink and split just by looking at them...stay away!

Standard cables

[Aug 08, 2007]
SOGOAK

OVERALL
Strength:

cool idea

Segments give like crazy and have tones of give in the system.
Water got in the outer housing and made it cloudy.
"Liner" is brittle and comes out.

DON'T BUY THESE! Guys in our forum where down on them saying they are just hype. They are worse, they are a pain to put on and use.

When I was in PMart, Another guy was at the service desk getting new cables for the same reason.

I got a brand new set of shop grade cables for $16. I'll just stick with these and swap them every year.

Teflon Cables

[Mar 28, 2007]
Ron

OVERALL
Strength:

Different?

Poor construction, poor materials, poor performance.

My first experience with the bead-type cables was with Nokon, but their lack of a housing other than the Aluminum beads made me try the Aztek beaded housing. BIG MISTAKE. While the Nokon cable housings are machined aluminum that fit together perfectly and absolutely DO NOT move when pressure is applied, the Aztek beads are cast aluminum and don't fit well at all. When you squeeze the lever, the aztek cables move all over, meaning your finger effort is wasted on the housing instead of the brake. The aztek cables really strike me as something that someone from marketing put out to jump on the "beaded cable" bandwagon. Their absolute lack of quality has made me feel that I should never EVER buy anything from whatever company owns Aztek ever again.

If you really want absolute stopping power in your mechanical disc brakes, NOKON cables really really work well.

Nokon Cables

[Mar 13, 2007]
badger09

OVERALL
Strength:

Packaging looks nice.

Just awful. Incredibly fiddly to install. It took me 2 hours to get these on, and after a few short rides I stripped them off again. The brakes feel spongy, the casing is soft and tears/cracks. I have no faith in them holding up.

With an infinite amount of time and an infinite number of sets of these cables you might be able to install them to the manufacturers fine tolerances and reap all the benefits of slightly different looking cables. Don't bother, life's too short.

Shimano.

[Oct 24, 2006]
EzE
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

NONE!!!

This cable s**ks, it's crap period, the cable line frayed after one cut and it detangles ALMOST ALL THE WAY, On top of that the wire grouping is not a tight fit like the XTR or Gore Tex cables, AND the teflon is lame the coating is one coat so the cable becomes dry, I swear DELTA makes cables for Huffys'.

Don't buy these go for XTR Shimano Cables you can get those cheaper then these rip off cables. I was in a rush to get them that's why I had to get a set, BIG MISTAKE SAVE YOUR $ get better ones. I recommend XTR cables very nice, even though some of the XTR parts break, I won't comment to many to name.

XTR Shimano Cables, and Ride-On Gore Tex cables.

[Nov 01, 2007]
Al Gould

OVERALL
Strength:

"0"

ferruals create flex factor and lost of direct power

Don't waste the money!!!!!!!!!!! Installed excatly to directions... You can not beat the best....Campy or Dur-Ace..Stay with them and save yourself some good money, you'll only end up going out and replacing them with Campy or Dur-Ace...

Their idea is good but the amount of spacers (ferruals-joints) only adds flex to the overall lenght of cable defeting the direct power applied that you want to respond from your BRAKE.

[Jan 15, 2007]
Ray

OVERALL

Housing desinigrates quickly. It's clear thin plastic tubing. Cracks easy from the sunlight.

These didn't last long. Put them on in the summer and they never made it to the winter. The concept behing the housings seemed good, but they appeared degrade from the sunlight. It took about three months of riding and then I noticed the tops of the housings cracking and falling apart. Wish I had better things to say.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.