Race Face ISIS SRX Bottom Bracket

• ISIS Drive
  • CNC machined, heat treated, hollow chromoly M15 spindle
  • Shot peened finish for strength
  • Forged and CNC’d aluminum cups and reinforcing sleeve
  • Single row, double sealed cartridge bearings
  • Low friction labyrinth cup seal keeps out contaminants and increases bearing life
  • 64 ball bearings in each bottom bracket
  • Adjustable cups fit 68 and 73mm shells and allows adjustability of the chain line
  • Fixed cup on drive side

Built For: The all around rider looking for solid performance at a reasonable price.

Size: 113 mm
    Shell Compatibility: 68 & 73 mm (adjustable) and E-type derailleur compatible

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 08, 2019]
    Boostman01

OVERALL
    Strength:

Easy to install.

Terrible durability. I am now on my third set and desperately need to find a more durable solution. My gravel tandem needs these because of specific crankset I need to run, so I am stuck with ISIS. I am going to research another alternative, as these just do not hold up.

Price Paid:
    $40
    Purchased:
    New
    [Feb 04, 2013]
    Oli

OVERALL
    Strength:

Not overly expensive, no problems whilst new.

Shells cracking, seals not protecting rain, grit, mud. Disposable quality - they should come with quick release levers.

My third one just went last weekend, I don't know why I keep buying them - I naturally assumed they would evolve over the years but if anything they're getting worse, my last one lasted 5 months - and started 'crunching' after 2 weeks.

I'm a lightweight cross-country rider but spend most of my time riding to work, I look after my bike and this is the only component that consistently fails - the shells either crack or the bearings crack and crunch until it no longer turns. Useless.

Race Face Evolve Crankset

[Jul 03, 2003]
    Ben Maddy

OVERALL
    Strength:

cheap dependable strong

might be slightly bent from that five footer I took to test my crank.

This is a good product for the price. I has taken about everything I thrown at it thus far with no complaints. The bb is that kind of part that can go unoticed forever until it start complaining. I had forgotten about it until I just recently was forced to replace my crankset because the stupid pedal threads on my truavtiv hussefelt stripped. The crank itself was great just had weak threads, but that another story, another reveiw. I removed the bb when replacing the crank and it was in great shape. Basically I forgot about it for a year. Thank you Race Face for a great product.

[Jun 06, 2003]
    Robert Reitzel

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light weight, pretty strong, stiff

not as strong as I expected but hey what is. Wears pretty fast

This is great for light freeriding. very good for crosscountry, It lasted alot longer then I thought it would

T.V. DH

[Sep 03, 2003]
    adam

OVERALL
    Strength:

seams strong and solid. really hard to say exactly since is buried inside the frame, but it works good

a little heavy, but it costs $30 and is steel, not Ti

it is a steel rod encases in sealed bearings; the whole thing is inside the frame, therefore, no noticable "ya" or "nay". like i said, it could be lighter, but maybe not. it works and is strong

[Oct 06, 2005]
    Rod Munch

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price- came cheap with the Race Face Evolve XC crankset. The good news is: the Evolve XC is everything I hoped- priced right, strong & stiff, cool looking & light.

Seems to be my history with ISIS BB's- 1 year or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first- and the bearings turn to gravel.

I defended ISIS to my friends after my Signature XS died. Now its two ISIS BB's in two years. I'm a smooth XC rider, don't ride in rain or mud, and only catch "trail air"- no drops. Some may say that a new BB every year isn't so bad, but I want one to last longer. I'm not sold on the external bearing system yet, so I'm not going there. This $100 experiment (2 BB's) didn't work- I don't want to be a guinea pig with a $300 crank & BB?

Race Face Signature XS ISIS BB. My last one. Figured buying RF's top of the line XC BB would make ISIS work. Wrong.

[Oct 10, 2005]
    Chris

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cheap price.

Crank arm keeps coming loose as the thread on the bolt is too soft. I had this tightened at my local bike shop a number of times but it keeps on coming loose. This started on about the third or fourth ride. The bike was purcahsed brand new through a Giant dealer. The bike is only used for riding on XC trails, no jumping or downhill.

The bike was a good buy apart from the Raceface Crankset and bottom bracket. I went to my local bike shop to get a new bottom bracket but he doesn't stock Raceface (for the obvious reason that they are no good). I was going to try and get a replacement bottom bracket under warranty but I have decided to save myself time and effort and get a decent product.

Changed over the bottom bracket and cranks (RaceFace Prodigy crankset) for XT bottom bracket and cranks, no problems now.

[Feb 27, 2006]
    james brooks

OVERALL
    Strength:

I guess I didn't directly pay for it. Thats good!

Just like the other reviews. This thing is a right lemon.

What a waste of metal and grease. Total gumbies should buy this, or scrap merchants can have mine for a dollar :) Deserves some negative flaming poos

Not sure what is on my other bike but it done about 20000 kms over 5 years without a squeak.

[Nov 25, 2006]
    david

OVERALL
    Strength:

NONE!

Falls apart after about 30 min of riding

SUCKS.....

Crap sticks

[Aug 19, 2006]
    Hunter

OVERALL
    Strength:

As far as bottom brackets go these days, better than average

Longevity, as with all the later model, older style bottom bracket systems.

Well here we are at a switch in Bottom Bracket & Crank Tech. If you are a serious rider then the newest systems are your best bet. Dont even bother just replacing the BB. But I guess you already know that if you are here. I got a solid two years out of the SRX BB, which is at the low end of Race Face's product line. I am an agressive rider of 195lbs. My guess with these wear problems is that alot relies on INSTALLATION. So before those below went and started pointing fingers, they should have thought about this and read the INSTALLATION INSTRUCIONS. I am replacing it with another because I am not ready to upgrade to the newest system. Even though the BB wore out before the crankset, I'll still stay LOYAL to raceface. In a realm of components that are historically problematic they have hung in there and kept up with the pace. Besides the fact that they would do anything to help you. They have THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE! Keep that in mind while you are sitting inside with a broken rig waiting for a repsonse from Shimano.

Iron Horse, Shimano XT, Chris King, SunRingle

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.