Thomson Elite Stem

Machined 7000-series extruded bar stockBolts are custom-made heat-treated steel with corrosion-preventative platingHeight = 42.5mm, 199 grams Item Specifications Color Black Weight 199 g Intended Use Mountain Bar Clamp Diameter 25.4 mm Stem Angle 90 deg Stem Length 50 mm SteererTube 1-1/8"Threadless

[Sep 20, 2012]
jonshonda

OVERALL
Strength:

It's Thompson, not much else to say

Spendy little bugger

Prior to buying this stem, I dialed in my setup with cheapo stems until I found my sweet spot. Once I knew what the specs of the stem were that I wanted, I called upon Thompson for the final stem.

I am a clyde who is rough on parts, and have yet to even think twice about this stem. Plus the ladies like long black stems with a little bit of a rise.

[Mar 12, 2012]
lebikerboy

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, looks good, does what it's supposed to.

Requires the installer to have a modicum of mechanical aptitude.

Great stem and if installed correctly, totally reliable.

Too many to list.

[Aug 15, 2011]
Patrick Roenicke

OVERALL
Strength:

Made in America, and has yet to fail me. Every aspect of Thomsons' stellar reputation is deserved. Set it, forget it, except when you're putting your bike on the rack and realize how beautiful the handmade machinework is. Awesome, awesome stem. Quality through and through.

This stem won't stand up to a 250 lb downhiller. This is NOT the stem's fault.

A true 'deserted island' piece: if you're stranded on a deserted island and can have only one stem--this is the stem to take with you.

Easton, etc.

[Dec 26, 2009]
BokorSolo

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, proven, slick graphics and design. Wide clamp.

It is a very expensive stem if you are not getting it on sale or clearance.

I got these on a huge sale at my local Performance bike shop. The technician in the back recommended that I pick up the stem because it was such a good deal and no one was interested in buying that type of hardware. Turned out that these were going for $55 each. I installed it and used it for about three months and loved the confidence I had using this product. I went back and none of them had sold. So I threw down the cash and picked up one for each of my bikes. Could not be happier.

Nothing really equals this stem.

[Aug 29, 2009]
alvincaesar

OVERALL
Strength:

Everyone Knows There's nothing to fault

You meant, Installer's weakness?

All I want to do is thank Thomson for the great company that they are. Everyone already knows that their products are the best!

I however want to shower them with praise for their impeccable customer service, and standing by their product like no other.

My stem cracked and I contacted them via email,and was asked to send my stem in for replacement even after determining that my failed stem was caused by my errors, (overtightening the bolts. I expected to read that I would not be able to receive warranty replacement, but to my to my surprise was asked to send in the stem and they would replace it. Delighted as I was, I sent the stem in and received a replacement in one week.

I REALLY NEED TO SAY TO EVERYONE THAT THOMSON IS THE BEST THERE IS and I am thankful I made the decision to purchase the best there is. Thomson Stem and Seatpost! There're the best! Even if my stem was not replaced I would purchase another one.

Thank you so much for being the Company that you are. Your service is much appreciated.

Bike came with another stem, that was immediately replaced by a Thomson (I did my research before)

[Aug 10, 2009]
jaysalaya

OVERALL
Strength:

LOOKS GOOD AND INNOVATIVE DESIGN, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

NONE

LOOKS GOOD, good feeling on over all performance, no substitute

TITEC

[Mar 20, 2009]
J Hill

OVERALL
Strength:

Im a 220 pound rider that rides atleast 12-14 hrs per week,and would ride nothing but a thomson stem and seatpost, have bent others. Those two items are like security blankets to me.

best product out there, so good that i just bought a kona cyclecross bike and i,m waiting for my stem and seatpost to arrive, wont ride anything else. Thanks Thomson for such a dependable product.

raceface

[Aug 01, 2008]
epxhammerhead

OVERALL
Strength:

the best, have used for several year

the best you can get

[Jul 23, 2008]
P

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, Great feel, You can replacement parts, Thompson has great customer service. Took my abuse for a year and thats saying a lot.

Face Plate - Why else would they sale replacements?... Because they crack. At least you can buy a new one without replacing the entire stem, around $10.

I noticed a creaking in my stem, so I went in to investigate. As soon as I put a allen wrench to the face plate bolts it cracked. No big deal you can replace it, glad it didn’t happen in the woods and at least it warned me.

Race Face

[Jul 06, 2008]
Michael

OVERALL
Strength:

Well designed, quality of build, quite attractive!

One of those few, great components that you can simply set up and forget about. In addition, in the rare occurrence that the stem has any issues- a real, live, human being will answer the phone at Thomson to assist you in a timely fashion. I’ll pay a few extra bucks for that level of product support any time!

Various Easton

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.