Ritchey WCS 4-Axis Matrix Carbonalloy Stem

Best Price At

Designed primarily for road use, but also works for lightweight XC-oriented mountain bikes. Matrix carbon-over-alloy design delivers excellent strength-to-weight ratio, makingThese stems 3x strongerThan alloy alone. 31.8mm oversize handlebar clamp 1 1/8"ThreadlessType Reversible, plus or minus 6 degrees Narrow, 4-bolt pinch clamp prevents crushing lightweight bars Actual weight 120 grams (110mm with all hardware)

[Sep 10, 2013]
JHH

OVERALL
Strength:

Carbon exo skeleton absorbs high frequency vibrations. Sexy!

Wish it was a bit cheaper

Why I bought this stem:
I'm sensitive to the high frequency vibrations from aluminium and having made the switch from a steel bike to a carbon one the aluminium stem that came standard was disrupting the vibration frequencies of the carbon frame and bars. I wanted a solution but not willing to pay for full carbon at this time.

Installation:
Ritchey builds quality parts and this stem and it's hardware all look and feel well made. Fit was perfect onto the crown steer tube and around my Easton XC 70 carbon bars. The stem is reversible if you want to stretch out and down and get your XC racer on. I installed it with the 6* rise. Screws tension dialed in on all 4 corners easily. This stem uses 20T bolts for the bars and crown steer mounts, I would have preferred hex standard so I don't need another tool bit to be 100% covered on trail.

300 miles later:
4 solid crashes and the stem doesn't even have a scratch or wiggled out of alignment. Each time I've needed to make adjustments all screws have maintained there torque. And most importantly, the stem is strong, stiff and solid connection between my front wheel/fork and bars that I never doubt.

I will buy this again.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.