Profile Design BOA Stem

The Profile Design Boa mountain stem constructed of 6061-T6. Weight: 277 g Bar Clamp Diameter: 25.4 mm SteererTube: 1-1/8"ThreadlessThe Profile Design BoaThreaded 6061-T6 mountain stem is available for 1" and 1-1/8" steererTubes. Quill Insertion Diameter: 25.4mm for 1-1/8" stems and 22.2 for 1" stems Weight: 277 g Bar Clamp Diameter: 25.4 mm SteererTube 1", 1-1/8"Threaded

[Jul 06, 2010]
nuck_chorris

OVERALL
Strength:

holds my riser bar all i can ask from it, looks good and they have plenty of sizes

aluminum- i wish it was steel

At first i bought the threaded one that i can install directly to my fork but then i made the mistake of installing a 26 mm road bar that it isnt designed for and i paid for it because that ripped the threads off of the item. the second one I bought was the threadless one with a threadless quill adapter and it seems to be holding up well.Notice: DON'T INSTALL ROAD BARS ON THE MOUNTAIN VERSION OF THE BOA STEM

OE stem that came on my bike

[Sep 19, 2008]
billandreas

OVERALL
Strength:

"Rocky BalBOA"

2 bolt plate.

It's enough for cross country use and light free riding. I use the 130deg, 65mm length to bring my handle bars higher and closer to me. I haven't seen too many stems out there offer this degree of comfort for the casual rider (outside of adjustable stems) for threadless setups. It's perfect on my Mtn. bike-gone-street bomber. While the BOA isn't as appealing as 3D forged stems, the thick welds make this a sturdy construction. ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

no-namers.

[Apr 18, 2007]
Maarten

OVERALL
Strength:

I have the 90mm x 40° version and it's very nice geometry for me because I like to sit pretty upward but also like a flat bar for long distances, to have the use of bar ends. This stem is perfect for me on my current frame (which is a tad too big).

None that I know off

It's very good value and plenty stiff for me although I'm 230 lbs. Haven't had problems so far. If you like a strong, cheap stem, go for it. I love mine.

Bontrager sport, Azonic ORC, Monty trials stem, XTX DH stem, Planet X meteor

[Dec 09, 2006]
Hunter

OVERALL
Strength:

Hasn't broke yet

A little flex

This stem is a little flexy. I ride fairly hard on a marginal bike. This is one part I just picked up in an emergency to get back to the race in angel fire cuz I broke the previous one. So far for about 4 years now this part hasn't broke. Although i would like something a little stiffer.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.