Kore Stem Stem

Kore 130mm Aheadlite

[May 22, 2000]
Kenny McCormick

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong.

Decals suck. I can't believe they just come off after 2 weeks of use.

Can't get a better stem for the money- 'cept for the peeling decals.

[Oct 01, 1998]
JL

OVERALL

This is my first Kore stem. What a good quality product...Didn't even last a ride. The stem threads are already stripped. I couldn't beleive this, that stem had only two full threads to tight the two hex bolts. Be careful, check the quality prior to spend any money on this Kore stem... Too bad, I cannot give less than one...

[Apr 27, 1996]
Bill
racer

OVERALL

Good design, poor construction. Changed the height of my stem and when I tightened the steerer tube hex bolts one stripped. I wasn't putting any outrageous force when tightening either. Ended up helcoiling (sp?) it. You get what you pay for. Before you buy take a look at one closely.

[Jun 09, 1996]
Rob

OVERALL

Light, stiff, favorable hype&flash index rating. Really, Really like the smoothed in clamp bolt design (haven't snagged anything on it yet, and it's not for lack of trying :^) Creaks some, but it's not annoying. Key feature: hasn't broken yet. Yeah, thumbs up (and I've still got both!).

[Mar 12, 1996]
Tom Kenney

OVERALL

The Kore stem I was convinced would be better than a Syncros turned out to be a lemmon. The bottom surface of the steer clamp was milled 2deg away from flat, making the upper headset race sit cockeyed. The extension tube was not welded straightly to the steer clamp, nor to the bar clamp. I was very dissatisfied.

[Jun 03, 1996]
Aaron Leighton

OVERALL

I have been using the KORE stem on my GT Avalanche LE for over 8 months and have had no problems. The construction is excellent and I like the clamp design because I don't hit my knees on any sharp bolts. Also, it is the best selling stem at the bike shop I work at and we have yet to have any complaints.

[Aug 01, 1999]
Billy Bob
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

This son o B will put you through Hell and High water and still keep your britches clean

The metal is as pussy as the fat cats
who made it

What it lacks in strength it makes up for by being as light as hogs eyelash.
Also it's paint never fades even after being pelted with doggarn all the pig crap in
southern Texas.

Tioga Alchemy
Kore lite3d

[May 20, 1998]
Toni

OVERALL

I have had this stem for about 3 months and the bolts seized. Then when tring to get the bolt out they stripped. This all happened with in a weeks time. I liked the stem to bad it had to get thrown away. I have heard of this thing happening to others. 1 Chili.

[May 21, 1998]
Evan Hollander
racer

OVERALL

First Kore stem I got from LBS was misaligned at the steerer clamp, returned for one that has misaligned handlebar clamp. I guess some type of jig for assembly id to advanced for indonesia or whereever these chunks of shit come from. Kore decals also peel off at 39.6 mph. ROTTEN TO THE KORE!!!

[May 21, 1998]
Skiver

OVERALL

Good stem. BUT I'M PISSED ABOUT THE DAMN DECALS!! I only bought it 2 weeks and the bloody stickers are all [email protected][email protected]#[email protected]!!# It's okay for me cause I'm not particular about looks, but hey, where the hell is the VALUE FOR MONEY factor?? But it still works great as a stem. Strong and stiff. But given a choice, I'll kiss the Kores goodbye.This only gets 2 chilis...... Damn Decals!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.