Kore Lite 3 Stem

• USER REVIEWS

[May 22, 2003]
    MAXXED

OVERALL
    Strength:

Strong, lightweight

Poor quality allen head bolts supplied.

Fortunately, I did not have the misaligned weld problems that a few have experienced.
    However, I did have the same problem with the allen head screws being slightly off sized and too shallow. They would barely hold 40 in/lb. of torque before slipping!
    Hats off to Bob Kalmbach at Kore's Customer Service.
    When I inquired about this problem, he contacted me right away, and had ProNet(Kore's North American Agent), ship me a complete set of replacement bolts.
    The new bolts are different. They fit much tighter and deeper on the allen head openings.
    No problem in reaching the 90 in/lb. recommended torque settings now!
    Great stem, no creaks, squeaks, or flexing.
    It looks great, and I love the knee saver clamp design.
    If you have problems with your Kore stem, contact them right away, they will make it right!

[Jul 14, 2002]
    Adam

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, black, strong. Can't beat twenty dollars for an eighty dollar stem.

None so far.

I'm not too sure why people are stripping out their bolts, you don't need to tighten them as far as they will go. Lay off the steroids people. Good stem overall, I'll give it 4 flames.

Stock specialized

[Sep 18, 2002]
    gnarley a.j.

OVERALL
    Strength:

looks cool, price, available in the size i needed.

The stem bolts! Altough I didn't have a problem with threads stripping (yet) like some of you guys, I found that the bolt heads were poorly made. I couldn't get a hex key to fit them and even went to te local tool supply place to get a new one thinking my wrench was maybe of poor quality and just didn't fit the bolts properly. No luck. The bolt heads are just a little off and so shallow that even if the wrench didn't swim in them, it couldn't go in deep enough to get a grip. I bought some hihg quality machine scews w/allen heads and that took care of the problem. Unfortunately, it took the better part of my morning off to run around town trying to cure a problem that never should have occured in the first place.

If you don't mind running around to find bolts that work properly, this might be a good buy, however any product made by such a well known co. as Kore shouldn't have ANY problems with quality. I don't think I'll buy any more of their products. As a matter of fact, I'm looking at new bikes and am staying away from any that are using Kore components.
    If you like tinkering, this may be a good buy, but if you are the kind of person who just wants to bolt on and run, forget it. Buy another brand.

[Feb 18, 2003]
    Missy Calimba

OVERALL
    Strength:

I bought this stem because it was 9$ and I wanted a stem that wouldn't bust my knees up. I think the knee saver system works good. Also since it was installed I have not had to do anything, it has been trouble free.

There are better stems out there for more money if you care that much.

If you don't have the money than this is a great stem

Giant, Bontrager

[Oct 08, 2001]
    Josh

OVERALL
    Strength:

it's cool lookin, and it has a good handlebar clamp.

stripped bottom steerer clamp bolt after a couple months.

this stem is good for a little while, i bought one, stripped the bolt, bought another, stripped that one. my advise is put some money into it and get a good stem like a race face.

bontrager stem and now have a race face system

[Jul 17, 1999]
    a Weekend Warrior

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cheap
    cool, tough looking

a bit heavy...

when i first look at the stem....i thought it must
    be expensive but not at all....go get it boy!!!!

Specialized Stem

[Jul 15, 1999]
    Geraldine Michaeal

OVERALL
    Strength:

Yeah this product, is worth the cash and it's the only stem you ever need......strong and sturdy, great for beginners

It's slightly heavy though.....

Litestem 3 deserves a full 5 chills cos, for the past one year nothing happened despite my rough handling of bikes.....it's the stem that i use on all my 5 bikes....and believe me....you won't regret getting this.....

[Jul 15, 1999]
    Leslie Tham
    Downhiller

OVERALL
    Strength:

although i am a downhiller myself...but i also tried rough terrains and this stem goes wherever you go....no

limited colours.....i wanted a purple at firstly...but i settled for a black finally.....

If anyone out there settling for a stem.....take this superb kore product....it's good for experts or beginners.....finally....all stems out there are more expensive than this but provides the same function....what for.....?

[Apr 01, 1999]
    Byardo Pastor

OVERALL
    Strength:

very strong and stiff nice looking

nada

I bought this stem for my bike one year ago. I have no problems and I wegh 185 , Nice product kore

[Sep 25, 1998]
    Bill Nelson
    cross-country rider

OVERALL

I bought a lite 3 from my favorite M.O. house. It is a very nice stem. I got the whole scoop on why some people received crooked stems. It seems that Kore rejected a bunch of stems because of alignment problems-kudos for Kore right! but the manufacture blew them out to dealers at very low prices even though they should have been junked. Also what I herd was that this was a very limited stock.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.