Easton Havoc Stem

Havoc Stem For ridersThat go biggerThan All Mountain,The Havoc stem (like allHavoc wheels and components) isThe absolute best option for boostingbumps, clearing gaps and rolling stunts. 100% CNC machined from a chunkof solid aluminum,The Havoc features Distributed Stress andTop LockTechnologies which optimize bar/stem interface. CNC machined aluminum Anodized finish 0 deg rise 31.8mm bar clamp Approximate weight 148 grams

[Oct 16, 2012]
MrMatson
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks
Precision
Strength
Bar Clamp

Heavy

I needed a very short stem to reduce the reach to the bars on my 2010 Specialized Pitch Pro. The Easton Havoc 35mm Stem replaced the stock 90mm Specialized stem. I really like the Havoc stem, with its aggressive angular look, all machined out of a single piece of aluminum. It is extremely stiff (duh, it's only 35mm long, but still) and gives great responsive precise steering inputs. the bar clamp is designed so the top is tightened all the way and then the lower 2 bolts are used to capture the bar, this makes installation and adjustments really easy. I've only ridden with this stem for about 6 months but in that time it has held up admirably and looks to be very strong and durable, that being said I have read that due to some of the stress concentrations left after machining these stems can develop fatigue cracks with hard riding. This is likely more of an issue with the longer stems as they will see higher loading at these problem locations. The only drawback I can think of for this stem could be the weight. given the super short length of mine this is not really an issue but as the length increases the design will be somewhat heavier than the alternatives. Overall the Easton Havoc is a great stem that has served me very well.

90mm Specialized Stem

[Nov 05, 2010]
mcgong

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness, Rise, Weight

Finish (would prefer something like the Thompson or Truvati)

Great deal for the money. Really stiff. I wanted a DH stem with a little rise and 10 degrees is perfect for me. Got a super deal at JensonUSA. No flex felt when taking drops and hitting the rock gardens.

Truvati Holzfeller

[Aug 29, 2009]
Tkul

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightness

none until now

I wanted something light and strong, and see this with a good price - after founding one, I didn`t think a lot!
Great buy, and reduced by almost 100grm the front of my bike (yes I know... that`s not a lot! But it`s ok!)

BBB, Raceface, Sintesi, Azonic, DEAN, etc...

[Apr 11, 2009]
jSatch

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong and Beefy
10° rise

Doesn't make pancakes

I don't ride DH, but this stem is pretty light for a DH and is in or near the weight range of other AM stems- but stronger.

I was looking for a 60 - 65 mm stem with some rise (due to short steerer tube). I bought this for the nice 10° rise, which isn't too much for a 65 mm stem, just a nice 11.5 mm (0.45") total.

It's very well made, as you'd expect from Easton, looks good, and is stiff as all get out. I don't know why the 1st poster had an issue, it sure doesn't flex or creak with me (165 lbs). Maybe it was his spacers or headset if the stem wasn't tensioned properly. Dunno. The thing is solid.

Works well. When I turn the bars, the front wheel turns, every time. Perfect.

several but not Thomson- no rise at this size

[Mar 20, 2009]
Andre C

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome stem light, strong, and stiff

That other guy is trippin it does not flex. This stem is light and stiff, I've never felt it flex ever, and I ride hard up and down. Pair it up with an easton bar and it's rock solid, I've used it for two years and it's never had a problem.

tried many stems

[Sep 15, 2006]
Grant

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks great, opposing bolts clamp well, light weight

more flex than expected

This stem looks good, bolts up well and never feels like it is going to come loose. Unfortunately, in the 65mm X 10 degree version at least, it twists when you are cranking on the bars. In fact it flexes before the forks do (I expect bar flex but this is the first time I have noticed it in a stem).
This may not actually affect the riding feel much but if I can flex the stem noticeably while cranking on the bars then I imagine it will be worse when riding hard. It definately felt different than the Eveolve stem I was using (which doesn't twist) and I noticed that difference so this stem is coming off the bike soon.
Shorter sizes may be better, but if you are a big guy or you really work the bars when riding then I wouldn't buy this product.

Raceface Evolve, Mobius, Azonic

[Sep 28, 2006]
Dude

OVERALL
Strength:

Short, burly design, strong

None so far

So far I'm very happy with this stem. Its super stiff and strong. Great for DH/FR..

Funn stems

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.