Answer A-Tac Stem

Answer A-Tac

[Dec 25, 2009]
BokorSolo

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap! 0 degree rise, looks pretty good and it's made by Answer.

None.

This stem was an awesome deal. For a $6 stem and a $12 EA50 bar and $5 shipping from Jenson I managed to get a brand new front end for a project bike. I loved this setup so much that I decided to switch it from my wet weather beater to my main bike. Not the lightest girl on the block but it is completely bulletproof. No complaints at all. Need a replacement or have a project, find this stem and get it.

Ritchey Comp Stem, Forte Team MTB Stem

[Sep 10, 2000]
Mache

OVERALL
Strength:

STRONG!
Yeti Cult
integrated cable hanger (for CANTILEVER brakes!)

NONE!

Ooops? I can't believe I'm the first one to review this old stem!?
Anyway, if you own an older bike (e.g. Yeti or Manitou) the A-Tac is the best you can get. It's not that light, but who cares? It's one brutal yet good looking stem you can't break. Mine is 9 years old and I've got 100% confidence.

[Nov 02, 2001]
Ernie Thinnakone

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap -> got it on special
strong
relatively light considering i got the 1 1/4" 135 mm model with 0 degreee rise

despite its age...its still as lightweight as the new 135 mm stems of similar spec (KORE light 3, $65 US) even with the shim 1 1/4" -> 1 1/8" attached
=)

This model is 6 years old....looks out of place on my new trek 4300 bike..

needed a custom made aluminium stem made to attach it to my 1 1/8" steerer pole

A great buy if you find one i did lying around at a bicycle shop.

Its an Easton tapered aluminum stem

Thanks to John from Underground Cycles (Taren Point) for making the shim...(it was hard finding a bicycle store with a lathe to make a shim)

Bontrager (came with bike), crap...too short and heavy

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.