SRAM MRX Shifter

Best Price At
Available At

The SRAM MRX Comp is a gripTwist shifterThat is compatible withShimano rear derailleurs. Compatible withShimano rear derailleurs Shifter Front Derailleur Compatiblity: MountainTriple(friction or index) Weight(claimed): 51 g Drivetrain Spacing: 6, 7 or 8-Speed

[Jun 25, 2017]
Tom

OVERALL
Strength:

Easily the best shifter for the money - possibly the only shifter for the money?

A bit basic in design and build quality

I put these on an old bike I was putting together for an old girlfriend around 10 years ago. That relationship ended, but I rescued the bike after she moved and left it in a shed, and it's now being used occasionally by the current partner! Long story short; neither woman shared my passion for cycling and the bike has seen little use, but every time I've used it these shifters have worked great with older Alivio & STX mechs. Great way of replacing older shifters on a budget and probably no worse than the older gripshift of the 90s. If the SRT-600 died on one of my other bikes I would be happy to use these.

SRT-600 Gripshift

[Jul 14, 2003]
johnny Boczar

OVERALL
Strength:

None at all

Everithing this shifters are the worst shifters that I've used I know SRAM and their products but this ones are not SRAM's. They are extremly fragile, difficult to mount the cable and they have a poor shifting

This shifters are'n good at all, why did SRAM produce this don't buy this shifters you'll get mad

Shimano Deore XT extremly superior

[Dec 09, 2001]
Jay Speed

OVERALL
Strength:

It's A grip shift I'll give it that!

the whole thing!! Shifting is very difficult and empercise. I defenatly gotta take this crap back! it sucks. It works half the time and the wire casing is starting to slip out.

I've had allot of problems with this thing considering that I've only had it put on for about a week now. It sucks so bad please look for other shifters sram should be ashamed of themselves!! Overall this product is HORRIBLE!!! it should be recalled it's so bad!! I give it 1 flamming monkey turd to symbolize just how bad this thing sucks!!

Some other Sram grip shift plasic crap that busted right open!!

[Dec 17, 2001]
James Mango

OVERALL
Strength:

ummm? hmmmmm? well? uggghhh? (scratching head)It aaaa? It.... It is made by Sram... I think?

This whole thing is a weakness! First off it fell apart before I even atatched it to the bicycle and after I put it back together and installed it on the bike I had the Pro's at RIP YOU OFF BIKES adjust them. These things were hard to shift and inacuracte. I always had to look down and see what the hell this crap was doing. It clicked more times than a Timex. uugghh? why? why did you make this crap sram! you know this is junk!!! was this thing a joke? It is never acurate! the gears are always off. I was in 7th gear and the shifter said 6th! anyway Istripped my 7speed junk off my bike im going to full 8speed race style ill be using the full 9.0 Sram setup!! hopefully I wont be disapointed

Dont buy this!! at all!!! and if your on a budget and need grip shift your better walking your bike!! this crap sucks it's horrible!1 LISTEN TO ME DONT BUY IT!!!

I rate this thing horrible~~

other Sram crap that cracked in the middle of a Jump!! Thanks best crash of my life!1 I think that was an MRX shifter too?

[Dec 16, 2003]
American Lesion

OVERALL
Strength:

Hey, it shifts, its cheap

Vague adjustment.

Despite what these other alleged purists have to say, these things do work, are reliable (I haven't broken an MRX shifter since '96, and I have three different MRX shifters (all 7-speed) on three bikes with different set ups. I ride, too...every darn day. I DO, however take care of my equipment, and generally don't expose any of my equipment to the ignorant abuse that these posuers obviously do theirs. These shifters are FINE for anything but competition. I have been riding bicycles (in competition and otherwise) for 15 years or more now, and I know a decent component when I see it. I REALLY know it when I use it. These things MAY be a bit vulnerable to crashes, as they are 100% plastic, but they are cheap enough that they can be readily replaced. Let me state this: SRAM makes NO junk, and without them we would be at the mercy of Shimano's proprietary cluches. These are great for entry-level cyclists, crusisers, kids, old grannies, and health-cycling enthusiasts. Maybe this site needs a child-filter to prevent little destructive boys from posting on it.

Rapidfire, Accushift, older Gripshift (with the foamy covers) Deore XT to Ultegra, Exage to XCE 4050

[Apr 04, 2000]
Brian Kennedy

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple, durable, comforatable grip

Only compatible with 6/7 seven speed derailleurs.
Front derailleur control is annoying, takes too many clicks to shift.

Came with my entry level bike. Can't complain too much for what I paid. Super durable and comfortable grips.

[Feb 06, 2001]
Joe (Radar)

OVERALL
Strength:

Works, good for those older bikes with 7spd, lighter than rapidfire.

Not great construction, grip isn't tacky enough for wet conditions

I used these when I raced in the beginner class. The bike I used then is now my beater bike, but with almost 2000 miles on the shifters they still work decent. The only real problem is that the grip part of it isn't as aggressive as their more expensive models (9.0) so it's pretty hard to shift it when you have sweaty hands (if you ride with no gloves) or when it's wet outside (even if you wear gloves). Otherwise, the quality and weight is good for a $30 shifter, and it's one of your only choices if you ride with 7spd. So go get it.

Radar MCM #35

Shimano Deore rapid fire (what came on my new bike)

[Sep 04, 2002]
Marc

OVERALL
Strength:

None -- I guess cheap

Everything you can imagine... poorly constructed, feel apart after 6 months of use. Never worked properly even after 4 visits to the bike shop. Was always missing changes between gears.

Never buy this product again!

[Dec 16, 2000]
scott michaels

OVERALL
Strength:

works ok, when it works

poorly constructed, front derailer side seperated out of its little housing after 1 week, got it fixed...and it did it again, i think it's gonna see the trash can very soon...it came stock on a specialized hardrock...also when going up hill, i have a tendancy to shift gears accidentaly, that prob would be solved with rapid fires.

these things are garbage after a few weeks, i am going to upgrade to some xt or xtr rapid fires. screw this gripshift crap. i don't like it

other sram crap

[Oct 10, 2001]
Sam
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Urm... hmm.... well, let me... hmm... it DOES shift... sometimes and its like a warning to anyone who is in your way but cant see or hear you!

Too many. Its ok but for trials, it shifts when you jump!!! Came outta casing altho it just needs slipping back in now and then. bolts bugger up your bars... my poor planet x's!

Only buy it if you got £5 to spare and need a shifter BADDD!!!!!

Mega range (shimano), fireshifters and SIS levers oh and jelly works as good as this does.

• Available At
$7.99

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.