Sette APX Carbon Seatpost Seatpost

If you cannot settle for anything but perfection then the APX carbon seat post is for you. High-end seamless carbon fiber tubing provides worry free durability and performance, while minimizing weight. 350mm long, 230g. 26.8 or 27.2mm diameter.

[Dec 11, 2010]
dansbad

OVERALL
Strength:

Low cost, durable.

Slightly heavier than advertised.

Smoothed out the ride on my hardtail. It has never slipped, moved or anything. I have never had a single issue with it. It weighted in at 240g. Not bad for a fifty dollar carbon seatpost. I do only weight in at 150, so I cannot attest to durability for heavier riders.

Bontrager SSR

[Jun 16, 2008]
appgap

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a light, handsome post.

Great addition to your hardtail. Took 70 gm off of my setup and got a nicer ride.

Ritchey Comp, American Classic aluminum

[May 30, 2008]
Scott L

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, strong, nice graphics.

It's not free?

This is a diamond in the rough as far as seatposts go. It is pretty light for the cost. seems very solid so far, yet also sucks up vibration and the really small bumps a bit. Do not grease your carbon seatpost. A few sprays with hairspray will help keep it steady in your seat clamp. My seat never moves after the hairspray. Set it and forget it - it works!

POS old seatpost

[Jul 31, 2007]
Kevin

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, light

none so far.

I had originally bought this seatpost for my daughter's bike. Like a dope, I didn't check the diameter of her current post. Needless to say, it didn't fit her bike. So, I decided to give it a shot on mine. I use 3 different saddles depending on the length of the ride, terrain, etc. I can always use another seatpost to make my life easier.

Anyway...I weigh >260lbs and have put over 300 miles on this seatpost. It is still alive. Not bad for a sub-$50 carbon seatpost. Definitely a little flexy under the strain of my obese frame. I have used it on all 3 of my bikes (1 FS and 2 hardtails) and am pleased thus far. It has made the hardtails a little less... well... hardtail-ish.

I must be honest and say that I am just waiting for the thing to explode on me. I have no right spinning on such a light seatpost. However, until that time comes, I am extremely satisfied with the purchase. It saved me a few grams and looks nice too.

thompson, easton, kalloy

[Jun 25, 2005]
Glen Stiles

OVERALL
Strength:

Vibration dampening qualities, excellent clamp, easy to adjust, great price, looks trick, they have it in the hard to find 26.8 size

This would flex too much for anything more than aggressive xc riding.

If you need a high quality carbon post for your xc steel hardtail, this is a great choice. I am pleased with the dampening qualities of the post, and the set it and forget it seat clamp is a work of art. The price is right, and It looks good too. I just picked one up for my road bike. It does have some flex in it- which I love and needed. If you need something ultra rigid, look elsewhere. If you need "mini suspension" to take the edge off of your hardtail, check this out. So I would give it six chilitos, but it only goes to 5...

Bontrager alloy post

[Jun 06, 2005]
verne

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, clamp, it works, measurement markings on post

graphics? not claimed weight but still light

This is a really good post for the money. There are not many reviews so I was hesitant to buy one even though the reviews there were are very positive. I am writing this because I think people need to be aware that this is a very good product. Its carbon and weighs less than the Thompson plus it has a two bolt clamp that has been easy to set up and has not moved. Bought it for about 50 dollars the only thing that it has going against it is that it is a Sette product, if you can look past that and are on a budget this is your post. Look at the other reviews of seatposts, many low cost posts fail immediately this is not one of those.

stock posts

[Jan 21, 2005]
julio

OVERALL
Strength:

The lightest carbon seatpost you'll find for your money. It has height makings along the front of the post. This is great if you're constantly changing the height on your seat to adjust to your riding conditions. Normal seat angle adjustments and retention.

the seatpost comes in only two sizes. 26.8mm and 27.2mm. So chances are you will need to use a shim if you want to use this seatpost. Just remember to use a carbon compatible shim. Not an Aluminum one or you will trash the seatpost. One more thing don't try to secure your mountain bike to a bike stand using a carbon seat post as your clamping point. You will see your seatpost bent.

Good seatpost easy on the pocket, saves you weight and looks good. This seatpost does it's job well. Carbon fiber is strong, I just wouldn't hange a 30 pound bike form a workstand using the seatpost as your clamping point, you'll see the seatpost bend. Sette also makes a seat post for road bikes it only comes in one size 27.2mm. It's also a little shorter, 250mm compared to the mountain bike vertion thats 350mm long.

Specialized carbon seatpost.

[Jun 17, 2004]
Danny

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, though 245g vs. 220g advertised. Strong, non slipping two bolt clamp (like Thompson)...the only kind I'll ever buy again. Height markings. Large allowable insertion range.

Not a setback design...if you care. Only two sizes available.

So far...knock on wood...this has been a great improvement over the stock seatpost. It is considerably lighter and the clamp holds the seat exactly at the angle you put it.

Titec

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.