Ritchey WCS Seatpost

Ritchey WCS Seatpost: One piece 3D-Net forged 7075 alloy. Two-bolt design for easy to adjust, vise-like grip. Low profile clamp won't bottom out on saddle. Wide saddle clamp reduces stress on lightweight saddle rails...

[Apr 11, 2013]
oswald

OVERALL
Strength:

It's light, looks good and is affordable.

None so far.

I used this post for years of marathon and xc racing on my mountainbike. And have just ordered one for my road bike as a replacement for a 10 year old Selcof Titanium that started developing a crack.
I'm surprised to read all the negative reviews here about the clamping. I've never had this issue with my mountainbike. It has held my SI SLR with carbon rails in it's place for years.
I hope the one I ordered for my roadbike does it's job just like the one on my mtb.

[Dec 05, 2010]
TJRosson

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight. Looks good.

As others have noted, the clamp doesn't hold and eventually your saddle tilt moves.

Incredibly poor design. I've very disappointed.

Thomson

[Jul 08, 2010]
golden boy

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks nice.

Clamp doesn't hold.

I'm completely disappointed. Shame on you, Ritchey. I thought I could trust the Ritchey name, but their curving seatpost clamp design fails the most basic and important test: it doesn't hold! It doesn't matter how light it is, or how good it looks, it just plain doesn't work!

Uhh, other seatposts.

[Sep 26, 2009]
Wogster

OVERALL
Strength:

Reasonable weight, post markings (unlike Thomson)

Saddle rail clamps

Don't bother! Unlike most 2-clamp systems that clamp fore and aft preventing saddle tilt the WCS clamps on both sides and both surfaces (post and cap) are smooth instead of knurled allowing said tilt and painfully offending 'Big Al and the Boys' on the first 5 mile ride on very mellow terrain. I'm 5'10" and 170 and a torque wrench fanatic and the parts were not greased. Very poor design. A company as old as Ritchey should know better.

Thomson, Easton EA70/EC70, FSA OEM

[Aug 26, 2009]
nylonus

OVERALL
Strength:

weight

paint

Version WCS WET BLACK 31,6/400. I've used it only two weeks so I can't tell anything about durability. When it's new it looks beautiful but after deinstallation the outer ("WET") paint just chiped. It shouldn't happened with WCS products.
Seller was OK, they gave me money back.
If You want WCS seatpost dont't buy WET version.

Amoeba (poor), KBIX (v.poor), Boplight (good), Thomson (v.good)

[May 05, 2009]
Detective365

OVERALL
Strength:

Looked good with the Ritchey seat I bought... light? but not especially so.

saddle clamps.

The seat post clamps do not stay. Wait until you hit your first drop, wonder why the front of your seat is jabbing you in the balls all of a sudden.
I am a larger rider, but not heavy by any means; 6'3" 180 lbs. The first 3-foot drop I went off in the new setup, The seat quite literally fell away. The clamps didn't hold, and the seat angle was about 30 degrees different than I had originally set it. Had to stop in the middle of a trail ride to adjust/re-tighten the seat again so I could actually sit in the seat without sliding off.
Seatpost was slightly more expensive than the other adjustable angle tubes I was looking at, so I thought it would equate to better quality, right? Wrong. I'm going to send it back claiming defect, we'll see if I get a response. Ritchey doesn't offer warranties though, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Basically, I haven't been happy with any ritchey seat products I've ordered; will not be purchasing their products again.

WTB, Bontrager, Easton

[Jun 12, 2008]
rerz

OVERALL
Strength:

Good for light duty trail and xc riding. Decent looks and sleek profile.

Too lightweight for heavier riders. I'm 136 lbs. and worked well for me, but when a friend took my bike for a spin (he's around 200 lbs.), the clamps didn't hold up and the saddle moved out of position but the seatpost didn't break.

The Ritchey WCS setapost works fine for lighter riders, but not a good idea for a heavier rider. Also jumping with this seatpost is probably not a good idea either. I am upgrading to a Thomson setback seatpost, but only because I need the setback to stretch out the cockpit on my bike a bit. Not because I'm totally unsatisfied with this product.

Marin Bikes proprietary seatpost.

[Aug 13, 2007]
hantulaut --

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a poor product.

The clamp underneath the seatpad has a sudden broken.
Luckily i wasnt in high a speed riding into track.

I bought this RITCHEY WCS arround 2 years ago from Rodalink, a local bike shop in Jakarta.
Last month, i found the clamp grip of this seat post has a sudden broken.
My weight have arround 60kg.
The seatpost attached at my superlite XC bike, never did DJ, and never tried DH. Purely for XC only.

Picture:

Biologic Dahon.

[Nov 13, 2006]
kam_ja

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks Cool, light weight

The clamp sucks. It kept coming loose on the trails when I first installed the seatpost. I have to tighten it every week to make sure the bolts are secure. The clamps also creeks and makes a lot of noise. Very annoying...

I'm not a big fan of this seatpost. The clamp creeks and will frequently come loose if you don't check it periodically. I have to admit that it's tough for it's light weight and intended use. I weigh 160 lbs and have been riding it for 3 years and it hasn't broken on me for my aggressive X country riding style. I have a matching WCS stem and it rocks! 2 chilis because it not a good clamp design. 3 chilis for value because it hasn't broken on me.

Easton Carbon

[Oct 24, 2006]
ramon rionda

OVERALL
Strength:

extremely light, good clamping mechanism

extremely light means not as strong as heavy...doh

I was worried about the seat post becuase of how light it is. I ride light trails, maybe up to 1 foot drop, on a more or less cross country style bike. I weigh 215 pounds and have ridden about 900 miles on this seat post in the past 3 months.

no issues on local Houston trails, as I am typically off my seat when hitting a big obstacle or drop. This is definitely not a hucker seat post, but it is nice and light if you do cross country, to light trail riding

stock, truvative XR

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.