Kalloy Uno Suspension Seatpost

The Kalloy Uno Suspension 27.2X350MM Seat-post is an adjustable seat-post that is perfect for the recreational cyclist, with a travel of 45mm for a comfortable positioning and, therefore, and enjoyable ride. Made of an alloy, the Uno seat post promises to

[Sep 20, 2013]
dgh716

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to adjust with one bolt which is a very good design. Adjustment is precise and easy compared to other higher end posts with 2 or more bolts.

I snapped mine off but it was after being on the bike for roughly 5000 miles of XC riding.

I liked it, it's light, even though it broke it was heavily used and abused. I plan to get another one.
Adjustment is precise and easy compared to other higher end posts I've owned with 2 or more bolts.
I'd recommend unless you are 200 lbs.

[Apr 11, 2006]
Daniel Haden

OVERALL
Strength:

There is no way the clamp could slip.

Very light weight.

The silver version is adonized with a rough coating so it cannot slip down into the bike.

This is a roadie product.

It is difficult to adjust for a problem saddle, because the big, non-slip teeth make this fit like an old standard clamp.

If slipping was the problem, this will certainly cure it. Nothing about it will slip.
It is inexpensive and light weight.
It is not micro-adjust because it has rather large teeth, and so is extremely unhelpful with problem saddles.
It is extremely strong for a roadie product or urban warrier, but possibly not strong enough for a mountain bike trail and a heavy rider.

I bought it to cure a slipping problem and for extra layback to help my knees. It did what I asked of it.
No micro-adjust may cause its replacement.

Pyramid Seat Post--not as strong tubing, no slipping, easy adjustment, much stronger clamp hardware.

[Sep 03, 2003]
adam

OVERALL
Strength:

light

none yet

decent post i guess. doesn't give me any trouble and it keeps my keester safe from the rear wheel. was too expensive when i bought it, but if i didn't I COULDN"T RIDE MY BIKE!! i'll be darned if i can't ride

[Feb 12, 2007]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Upgrade from stock seatpost (cheap nut & bolt version) found on a 1994 Raleigh Matterhorn & stock on my 1996 GT Ricochet.

Not as strong and small adjustment adjustable as a dual hex bolt seatpost.

A good upgrade for a $200/1994 Raleigh Matterhorn. Good for stock on a $800/1996 GT Ricochet.
Bottom Line: Good for the $ value and function at the time.

Stock Kalloy Uno on my 1996 GT Ricochet, Bontrager on 2001 Trek Fuel 90 Dsik & Bontrager Comp. as an upgrade on my 2001 Trek Fuel 90 Dsik.

[Dec 28, 2006]
Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

None!

Post Is too weak, I have had 2 in 1 year. The first one broke after 5 mos. the second one bent last week. A waste of money.

Do not buy it.

[Mar 06, 2002]
JmZ

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, Light, Strong

Have not noticed any

I noticed that there are two different kalloys being reviewed in here. The Uno's and the Lapade's (sp?).

The Lapade's are junk.

The Uno's are pretty darn light, and even with my 200 lbs on a 27.0 I've had no problems with bending, heads that loosen up, or slipping. That's over 2+ years of riding on two diffent bikes. Absolutely no complaints.

It just does not have the chi-chi value of some of the other stuff out there, that's all.

Stock seatposts from Specialized, Univega, ohters

[Feb 15, 2004]
Barry S

OVERALL
Strength:

Very cheap, polished finish & graphics are very high up so don't get scratched when you drop the height. Pretty light, I've read it quoted as 230g-250g on merlincycles.co.uk I have had this post for 8 years, & over 20k miles. First 6 years mostly on roads but I've turned to racing over the last couple years (on a rigid bike on some rough courses too). This post last fantastic till today (the ridges have finally given way). Bolt is poor, but only went today mid-race due to an attempt to overtighten to compensate for working loose.

Doesn't look that great, mostly just because of the branding & no CNC machining. Over the years the finish becomes pitted but autosol usually sorts this for a while.

Basic post with a hell of a lot of bang per buck. Not had the troubles of others & I'm only on here reportiung because I'm considering another after todays' failure.

Mike Burrows aero carbon (road)

[Nov 21, 2003]
Will

OVERALL
Strength:

It came with my bike, which I love. And I verified that it is an "Uno" by reading the word "Uno" printed on the post.

It loosened itself on my third ride. Then twice on my fourth ride. The second time on that ride I cranked it down so hard that I bent the washer. From then on it made a slight creaking noise. My sixth ride it slipped again, so I put some torque on it, and snapped the bolt. Fortunately I was nowhere near the road, and once on the road, I was nowhere near where I parked my truck, so I had a wonderful workout riding the whole way out of the saddle. I got a new bolt and tightened it down, hit the seat with my palm to test its hold, and the threads ripped out of the upper half of the clamp (a strong little bolt, though, eh?).

I would not recommend the Uno based on my personal experience, but more importantly, read some of the other reviews here, there are a lot of very similar stories. Ibex, being all about their customers, is replacing the post with a totally different post so that this won't happen again.

Just the post on my road bike, which never did this, but that is not so odd.

[Dec 30, 2001]
Andrew

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, it does what it is supposed to do, the clamp has not given any problems so far.

Could be lighter, but lighter seatposts do cost significantly more, so I suppose that I shouln't complain too much about that especially since I did manage to shave some weight off by cutting it down to 270mm (the correct length for me).

If you are not wanting to spend a lot of money on a seat post, then this is a good one.

USE Alien aluminium which I returned to the store and demanded and got a refund because the clamp was a steaming pile of dog manure.

[Dec 25, 2001]
JD

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive

None yet

I bought a used singlespeed with this seatpost about three months ago. In the last three months I've taken it down steep rocky singletracks and done a fair amount of training on it during cross season with lots of mounting and dismounting and haven't knocked the seat loose yet.

It's clearly not as durable as a $75.00 2-bolt post, but seems to be doing the job just fine.

If I manage to knock it loose once this season, I'll Loctite it. If I knock it loose twice, I'll post back to the list (and probably replace it with a Thompson).

Thompson
Nitto
Ritchey
Profile

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.