Interloc Type 2 Quad Seatpost Seatpost

• Two-bolt, four-barrel microadjustable clamp head
  • Cold-forged head for strength
  • Aerospace quality 2000 series aluminum (OE spec models may be in 6061 aluminum)
  • 350mm length
  • 26.6, 26.8, 27.0, 27.2, 28.6, 29.4, 30.6, 30.8, 30.9, 31.6mm
  • 235 grams (27.2mm)
  • SRP: $29.95 - $32.95

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 14, 2001]
    Brendan Whyte

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks cool (thats pretty sad).

Flexy, creaks so much I'm about to go insane.

This seat creakes like a mother. I've tried greasing it, oiling it, lubing it. Nothing works, and it's a pain in the ears. Also, it's not very stiff, and all of my 135 pounds makes it flex. It looks cool though.

Bunch of no name crap.

[Sep 03, 2001]
    dp

OVERALL
    Strength:

solid and easy to adjust clamp

it bends, flexy

Other than the bend, a very decent seatpost. Easily adjusted, never loosened or creaked, and even looks kinda cool. Unfortunately, I'm 165 lbs. and my skinny @ss has bent this post. I ride it hard, but that's no excuse for a seatpost bending in less than a year.

[Oct 16, 2000]
    Bruce "Blue" Cloete

OVERALL
    Strength:

Adjustability, relatively light

It's bent

Not sure which model of Interloc - it worked fine - a bit too springy to my liking - but it made for a plush ride.
    I liked this seatpost's adjustability - I had to re-tighten the bolts once, but unfortunatley it has now suffered the same fate as my previous $10-20 seatposts - they bend too easily under my weight.
    If you're a lightweight this could be the seatpost for you - if you tend to bend 'em, look elsewhere - this one will bend too.

Kona seatpost, 2 other's - never new what they were...

[Jan 24, 2001]
    Secretary

OVERALL
    Strength:

Adjustability, great clean looks

None that I've found

Man if the other reviewer bent his Interloc post more power to him. Mine has absolutely no give whatsoever and I weigh 180lbs. The post is solid and tough. I used to own an old school Syncros Hardcore post that I loved and this post is easily as strong and the Interloc post is better made (IMHO). I would not call myself a "light" rider and I've put the post through a ton of abuse. This is one good product. Buy it if you have a hard butt though, I've never had this post give.

Titec, Syncros

[May 10, 2004]
    Cord Santiago
    Downhiller

OVERALL
    Strength:

adjustable, looks pretty cool

i bent it

Im going to buy another one because they are cheap. its a fine seatpost, its not like its a real high performance part. i guess it could be a little stronger, im about 120 lbs. and i bent it yesterday off a 12' drop when i slipped a pedal so its quite understandable that it bent. its cheap and looks cool. would work fine for xc or dh, as long as you dont slam on it too hard, go buy one.

all kinds of seatposts

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.