WTB SST.X Saddle

WTB SST.X

[Nov 02, 2011]
halr

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, comfort

Weight? (Not really a problem unless you're comparing it to something like a Brooks)

I've used this on a couple of different bikes, ridden on road and off, and this thing fits me better than any other saddle I've tried. No issues even after several hours. It flexes when you need it to flex, and it doesn't flex when you don't need it to flex. Not sure why so many people hate this, but it feels like it was made for me. I'm looking at getting others for my other bikes, so send me your cast-offs, I'll gladly accept them.

Various saddles (Brooks, Avocet, Selle Italia, Selle Royale)

[Jul 15, 2011]
glengary

OVERALL
Strength:

Will last your entire life. Just like any pet rock.

Feels terrible after prolonged use. It will NEVER re-shape to fit your butt.

After 2 days of commuting 20 km's each day, you feel the pain. The only reason anyone would own one of these is because it came with the bike when you bought it. There are way too many saddles out there to choose from that you don't have to end up with this one. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't made any longer.
Bottom line, avoid it at all costs. If someones throws one to you for free.....duck and let it go by.

I've never used anything like this before.

[Jul 01, 2008]
cypher

OVERALL
Strength:

resonably comfy, strongly built and didnt cost the earth, spangly glitter. have used this saddle for years on ht's, FS bikes, down hill bikes about the only thing it hasnt been on is a road bike. am changing it now only cos i'm having a bit of a weight freak out on my xc Ht and want a lighter saddle. rather surprised by all the negative reviews but notice alot of them are from people who havn't owned ot for long.

bit heavey and wold have liked it slightly longer for on the nose climbing

liked it. still in good nick after years of use and only being changed cos i wana get the weigth of the bike down. will be keeping it and will go on my next bike.

been so long i cant recall what my last saddle was though i doo recall having another WTB saddle before this until i destroyed it in a dh crash, my dh bike has a titec berserker saddle which is also an oldie but goodie

[Aug 17, 2003]
Ted Welsh

OVERALL
Strength:

Almost indestructable. Great for climbinng. Allows for that special 'between the cheeks' positioning quickly for the tricky climbs.

Not the most comfortable on long rides.

I hated the seat the bike came with so the shop gave me this as it had a slight tear in the fabric.

The rails finally gave out on me after 2 years. I weigh 220 so am impressed it made it this far.

Specialized

[Jun 20, 2003]
Jim

OVERALL
Strength:

Bludgeoning your enemies to death!! New form of torture.

Not fit for the human as*!!

I have only had my new bike now for less than a month. However, after the first time I sat on this saddle I did not want to sit down again. It has made me not want to sit on the bike and ride at all!! Right now I'm waiting for my new seat to come in and for nice weather appear here in New England. I have rode on this seat for as short as 15 minutes and as long as one hour so far, and in any case I feel used and beaten when I get off the saddle. On trails...geez, I feel like I just got out of Levenworth where previously Bubba was my momma.

Rocks, boulders, dry earth.

[Jun 17, 2003]
Justin

OVERALL
Strength:

Price was right.

50 hours after my last ride I still feel like I was victimized in the showers at Chino penitentary.

My posterier hasn't hurt like this since that hazing at the local Harley riders club. I've used this thing for years since I figured that's what the tough and cool bikers were suppose to do. Little did I know that the smart bikers go and buy a real saddle and use this thing as a murder weapon to baffle police. "Looks like he was bludgeoned, bbut the only thing in here is a bike seat. What the hell? This thing is harder than a baseball bat!"
3 piles of flaming toe jam because, frankly, I'd like to believe it cost me nothing, moneywise. 1 pile of flaming toe jam since after giving it the old college try for a lot of years, it's still a pain in the tuckus.

Nothing yet.

[Feb 19, 2002]
chappy

OVERALL
Strength:

tuff enough, I suppose

Hard as a friggin' rock. Wide enough for a golfer's ass.

This thing came stock on a new bullit. I have no idea why. It beat my bum up so bad I was force to remove it. I'm planning on throwing it into the river. I hate this seat.

[Oct 21, 2002]
Woodie

OVERALL
Strength:

I can't think of any! Oh ya, it works ok to wedge under a door to keep it open.

Cheap, weak, hard as a brick,

Don't even walk out the door with this one. This hunk-o-junk came with my Hoo Koo, you would think that Fisher would use a better saddle. If this comes on a bike you are going to purchase, trade it before laying down your good hard cash.

A 12 year old gel saddle, that is now on my new bike.

[Nov 10, 2003]
CrazyCarl

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, long life, comfortable, inexpensive

heavier

I had to add my opinion of this saddle to counteract the mass quantities of negative reviews... This has always been my favorite saddle. I feel that I have a fairly sensitive arse, I have tried many different saddles and always come back to this one. I never have numbness or problems going off the back. Plus, you can hit your local bike stores and find these saddles cheap 'cause they were pulled off as stock saddles on other bikes. The only problem is that it is kinda heavy. I'm trying a SST.2K next...

WTB SST.XR, Selle Italia Flite Max, Fizik, etc...

[May 11, 2004]
Christian

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty cheap, comfy

A little heavy I guess

I love this saddle. I don't know about everybody else who apparently hates it, but mine has served me well. I even bought a SST for my road bike, based on my happyness with this one. My next bike is definately getting a WTB saddle too.

I forget, but I hated it...

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.