WTB Speed V Comp Saddle

The Speed V Comp from WTB offers a unique "Love-channel" designThat protects your sensitive parts while still providing great performance. Steel rails, synthetic cover. With a plush soft shell and deep supportive padding,This saddle will keep you smiling asThe miles roll by. Weight: 420 grams Rail Material: Steel Feature: Love Channel

[Apr 18, 2013]
betorac

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable once broken in.

Heavier than race saddle.
Needs WTB "whale-tail" feature

I bought this saddle to have a more comfortable on my hardtail. It is comfortable but to my surprise it took a few rides to break in. At first it felt harsh but than became more compliant. This saddle doesn't have the "whale-tail" feature so under heavy peddaling you feel like you slip a bit. I prefer the Specialized Body Geometry saddles, but you have to try and find what works best for you and your body type. I would recommend it for some looking for a quality, comfortable saddle at decent price.

[Jul 07, 2012]
AlseepInSeattle

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable!!!
Not too wide.

I am a bike commuter, riding between 15 and 21 miles per day from spring through the fall. Over the years, I have tried a number of different bike saddles, and been disappointed because they were not as comfortable as I would have liked. After reading the high ratings of this saddle on different websites, I decided to give it a try. It has been wonderful! I should note that this is somewhat narrower and more firm than any of the previous saddles that I had owned. Now realized that I was mistaken in my belief that greater width and softness would provide extra comfort. I only wish that I had found this saddle years ago.

[May 21, 2012]
pillguy8
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort
Pricing
looks
durability
reasonably light weight

I have purchased 2 of these saddles in the past 6 years. One for my 2006 Stumpjumper FSR and one for my wife's 2009 giant trance based on my experience and reviewers ratings.
It is a very comfortable saddle for long rides or the afternoon runs to the local trail. I replaced the factory saddles with these as they were much more forgiving to the body.
My one that is 6 yrs old still looks new and only a slight nick on it from an accident.
I will definitely purchase another one in the future.

fizik

[Mar 13, 2012]
dynamite9000

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable right out of the box. Rides high on the rails and avoids bottoming out on the seat post. Great price.

I have several of these saddles and they are all different ages but the constuction seems to be the same whether the saddle is 4 years old or 3 months old. They have all held up very well. I have never had one break or fail somehow.

serfas gel, Specialized gel, Giant oem, Kona Velo oem.

[Feb 22, 2012]
beecrazy

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable saddle that was pretty good out of the box and became more comfortable with a few rides. The price is very nice!

You here all too often that seats are all a personal preference- with all the reviews on this one I thought I would give it a shot. I didn't want to spend $80 dollars on a seat that felt horrible (I already had one of those!). It is true that a squishy seat does not make it better. The "Love" channel in the middle reduced pressure and made the bike much more comfortable. For $30 dollars you can't beat it, therefore the 5! There may be more comfortable seats out there so I gave it a 4.

[Jun 29, 2011]
BokorSolo

OVERALL
Strength:

Stitching and material is strong and durable. Comfortable for all day riding and remaining seated while climbing.

Would be nicer if it had the whale tail design that is featured on the higher end saddles.

This saddle has been great. I started with this saddle and used it for years then I upgraded to the Rocket V when I wanted to try something new. After a year on the Rocket, the rails broke and I slammed the old Speed Comp back on there and it's still as awesome as day 1.

WTB Rocket V

[Aug 26, 2010]
heybrady

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable

I was getting some tingling after about 30 minutes into my ride so I started looking on this site and noticed a large majority of riders had this seat. Reviews seemed favorable and it was on sale at Performance, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Been on three rides with it and have had no discomfort at all. It is firm but super supportive. Recommended it to a couple of friends already.

Stock Schwinn saddle

[May 09, 2010]
barrytroter
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

hi, i payed £650 for the bike (giant talon 1) i dont no haow much the seat is worth but the seat is a great seat only downer is that for me on long journeys it isnt to comfortable but a great seat and bike the bike is a very good and strong bike and i highley recomend it !!

on long range trips it isnt to comfortable

great seat and it is very durable and great for everything realy.

[May 09, 2008]
Patrick Carney

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, Durable.

Weight (400g), it's only about 150 grams heavier than most $100 saddles though.

Comfortable all day long, isn't that really all that matters? No quirks (I can attach a seatbag to the rails, unlike the Selle I had earlier), just a tad on the heavy side but for 30 bucks, who cares? I give it only 4 overall chillies 'cause of the weight, but unless you'll lose sleep over 150 extra grams on your bike, make it cinco peppers.

Selle Italia

[Jul 17, 2003]
mike

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, solid, cheap, comfort

heavy

for the price, a great comfort upgrade

oem wtb

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.