WTB Silverado Team Saddle

Best Price At
Best Price At

Upgrade your shoddy factory saddle with the booty-pampering WTB Silverado Team Saddle. Once your rear settles into a saddle that's actually designed for cycling, you'll be kicking yourself for using that piece of over-padded grundle-torturing POS for so long. The Flex-tuned shell takes the edge...

[Feb 27, 2013]
Xtyling

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight. Ti rails. Comfy after 2 weeks of riding.

My saddle is white, gets dirty/dusty easy. Watch out for grease and oil. But I bought it nevertheless because it was at the right price. First 2 weeks on the saddle took some adjustment coming from a WTB Pure V.

First off, saddles reviews are highly subjective. So take my review for whatever its worth. Been using it over a month only my all around, do everything bike. It's grown on me well (or I've grown on it). The white color requires extra care but that's pointing out the obvious. The light weight was my primary reason for buying it and the LBS scale said 210g. Buy it if it's on sale and be happy. Buy it MSRP and it could be a hit or miss.

WTB Pure V

[Feb 01, 2011]
khsxc304

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight and comfort.

Anniversary edition has chrome wording.. eew

I have always used the WTB rocket because it has plenty of padding but when I saw the silverado for $25 I had to give it a try.
Wow!
I was amazed at how comfortable it was for how minimal it looked. My arse is usually slightly sore after a long ride with the rocket but not with the silverado? Go figure..
Its a win-win.. Lighter saddle around 200grams and more comfort!
Try finding one for $25, you won't...ha

WTB Rocket

[Sep 24, 2010]
jimbsport

OVERALL
Strength:

lightweight, confortable for a lightweight saddle

could me more confortable but i'll be more heavy

at 63$ you can't get better then this, lightweight and confortable when you wear very good bibs

specialized and bontrager saddle

[Aug 13, 2010]
ngoshawk

OVERALL
Strength:

Simplicity, lightness, long nose, long saddle, opening in "correct" area, great cushioning.

Sit bones were a little sore after first ride, since gone away, cram color initially

This was a steal from Jenson. I'm glad I chose this saddle. Was looking at Fizik Aliante XX, too. But this was less than 1/2 the price. This saddle was comfortable after the first ride. I had the nose too high, and switched my Thompson clamp around, so I could go level. Since then, the saddle has all but disappeared undr my big 'arse. The best you can say about a saddle. The cream color even matches the pane on my seat tube somewhat...But my butt covers this, so who cares?!

Selle San Marco saddles

[Aug 06, 2010]
Varaxis

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, low profile, kevlar sides, doesn't hurt your ass

Minimal cush, embroidery on top of nose

I needed something lower profile than my Brooks B-17, but something more comfortable than the ass-breaking stock Bonty saddle. This fit the bill very well. There's some embroidery that may eat up your shorts, a Silverado logo on the nose, but it seems that it'll do minimal damage up there. The padding is minimal, but they used very high density foam and have cut outs in the nylon shell for each sit bone and the prostate area to provide enough comfort; a good way to describe it would be:

WTB Silverado - Mesh computer chair (Herman-Miller)
Brooks B-17 - Specially contoured wood/porc./stone seat that further conforms to your ass (loved it, but it's too big and I'm afraid it'll get eaten up in a crash)
Bontrager Race - standard leather computer chair. Puffed up higher with less dense padding. Your ass goes straight through all the padding and ends up resting on the frame underneath.
Comfort Saddle - a sofa. You sink in deep in the padding.

I'm now a WTB saddle fan. If I ever need a new saddle, I'll be looking out for their saddles with similar high density cushioning, armored sides, and smooth uppers. This one is good for my SS, since I'm out of the saddle a lot, but on a FS or geared HT, I'd recommend checking out their Rocket V line for slightly more cushioning with a decent profile or Laser V for more. The Pure V goes out all cushioning.

5 flaming chilis if you're lucky and catch it when it shows up on Chainlove. It comes up about about 2-3 times a week, now at an even lower price at $30 (with about $8 S&H). They have both the cream (offwhite) and black colors.

Brooks B-17, Bontrager Race, many mid-range/stock saddles

[Jul 02, 2008]
Encierros

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable, love channel and flex zones keep pressure evenly distributed

performance, none. It aint cheap though.

I demoed this saddle over the weekend during a XC race. It was a gamble borrowing the Test Ride version from the WTB rep - no turning back and on race day it's not usually a good idea to swap parts. BUT this turned out to be all aces. It was amazingly comfortable compared to the bonty Race Lite that came stock on the HIFI. After 25mi of muddy single track and grueling climbs my butt was the only thing that didn't hurt. Worth every penny,imo. Never skimp on points of contact. Bottomline, I'm extremely glad I gambled demoing the saddle and I'm now hunting for one of my own. Thanks WTB.

Bonty Race lite

[Apr 12, 2007]
Bobby

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light at 180 grams, ti rails. love channel works great. similar to the rocket v slt with a little less whale tail in the back of saddle

The rocket V was always my favorite. This is very close to the same fit but slightly firmer don't think about saddle when riding so that means something.

WTB Rocket V, bontrager race x lite, Selle italia

[Oct 22, 2007]
Davide

OVERALL
Strength:

Slim, confortable, light, don't feel the front on your pipi

Great saddle, looks very slim but it is actually more confortable then the already plush Rocket V. Excellent for my body type (150 pounds/small butt) and riding style (all mountain- fairly aggressive judging from all the blood I am spilling).

Weights very little: 196 grams and you can shave 6 grams by taking off the little plastic guard at the bottom). Here you go a comfortable saddle, that does not put pressure on your pisellino when climbing, and that can be used downhill without any problem.

WTB Rocket, Laser V

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.