WTB Silverado SLT Saddle

The WTB Silverado saddle is, much like the name, a western ideal. A great saddle for those who prefer a narrow, long seat that allows some positioning flexibility while not getting in the way. Sleek, like a fine horse. Light, like the minimal gear you carry in your hydration pack. The WTB...

[Oct 09, 2017]
DirkRoss

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, fit well (although this is personal(.

Creaked!!!

I purchased 2 of these saddles because of the fit but both developed nasty creaks within 3 months. Tried putting lube on the rails but it did not help. Both are now sitting in my garage because the creaking was intolerable. I will not purchase any WTB saddles again. I'm using Fizik saddles now that are not as comfortable but are silent.

Fizik, Specialized, Crank Bros.

[Aug 18, 2010]
burnt toast

OVERALL
Strength:

my ass no hurt

none yet

dont know ,but this seat is real comfy and sturdy

i beam piece of crap

[Mar 10, 2010]
Haracombe

OVERALL
Strength:

This is comfortable for a lightweight MTB race saddle over long distances and has sufficient flex for the bumps on mtb trails.

When the saddle eventually meets the ground the cover material tears easily.

The Silverado SLT is still there on the bike because it gives a nice firm but comfy ride for the narrow behind. But take care when you come off or you will have the glue out.

fizik phenom

[Jan 07, 2009]
AaNort123

OVERALL
Strength:

Minimal padding with good shell flex=Comfortable

doesn't pedal for me.

Purchased first one with my Motolite and loved it so much put them on all my other bikes.

The Fizik saddle didn't work for me but Silverado did. Give it a try. it might work for you..

WTB Rocket, Performance Forte race saddle. Fizik Arrione, Terry Fly

[Jun 02, 2008]
Jordan

OVERALL
Strength:

nice solid build, fairly light and pretty comfortable for a xc rave saddle

the nose on mine started to peal back after about 5 months of using it, but it still preforms fine.

Awesome saddle, plus you dont see many of em, I am going to give only 4 chillis for overall because the leather on the nose started to come out, but other than that its a friggin awesome saddle, and would buy again. I think that it would only suite cross country and all mountain categories only!

WTB shadow V, Bontrager Race X Lite

[Sep 28, 2007]
J. Craig Mayer

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty light for such a comfortable saddle. Looks great

nose of saddle is loose. Alittle to pointed at nose.

I have used a WTB rocket for a long time and have loved it. I was'nt sure If I would like the Silverado when I first got it. I wanted something a little lighter than the rocket so that why I thought I would try the saddle. I put it on anyway to try it and have not taken it off since! Great saddle. Much more comfy than the rocket! I used to get a little sore with the rocket after a couple of hours of riding, but not with the silverado. I don't understand how a saddle with much less padding than the rocket can be so much more comfortable. Go figure. The only problem I have had with it is if you wear baggy shorts like I do, the nose can catch your shorts sometimes. Much more pointed than the rocket. Not a real bad problem and really worth the inconvence for the comfort. Great saddle!

WTB rocket and speed V