WTB Rocket V SLT Saddle

Amply padded and tuned shell features leather cover with Comfort Zone in nose. Abrasion resistant, 3M reflective corners.

[Sep 30, 2010]
GMGaz

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made, fairly light and very comfortable.I like that the saddle has no top seams and a tough Kevlar like material on the sides in the event bike goes down and the seat scrapes the trail.

Not light for the money but, not heavy either.

Outstanding saddle for the money. Long rides are no problem with this saddle. This saddle is far more comfortable than the gel saddle I replaced with the Rocket V. As another reviewer stated "I don't even think about it when I ride". I just ride. While a tad heavy for serious racers most people will find this is a great, comfortable saddle.

Stock bike saddles and gel saddles.

[Jan 12, 2010]

OVERALL
Strength:

Clean design; no stitch lines, centerline groove, narrow for slides off the back. Just the right amount of stiction in the fabric.

None apparent - yet.

My stock BG saddle was pretty hammered, and the stitchlines were breaking apart, so I took a chance on the WTB. First impressions (no pun intended) are great - this saddle makes itself totally unnoticed. Seriously, I don't find myself thinking about my sitting position in any way; pressure, sliding around, snagging the nose, and certainly no numbness. If it holds up I'm gettin' two more for the spare bike and road bike.

Specialized Butt Geometry

[Nov 05, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

None - marketing maybe

Construction and comfort

This product was horrible - flip one over and you can see the lack of detail and attention to quality. I ordered three saddles online that were WTB and none of them worked out - hard and uncomfortable - do not waste your time or money buying these products. I have no idea why these saddles would be rated as highly as I have viewed unless it is employees from the company writing the reviews. If you are looking for a quality saddle that has paid attention to construction and comfort I would suggest Fizik - do not keep buying the crap from China and Tawain or WTB.

Specialized other products from WTB (none of them worked for me)

[Aug 03, 2009]
92gli

OVERALL

Bought in a rush because I bent my long-used specialized rival 130 and needed to buy a seat on the way to a ride. Returned it on my way home from that ride. The edges at the rear dig into your butt and the seat only has one usuable position. Made me realize how great my specialized rival was.

[Jul 23, 2009]
mrben0101

OVERALL

This saddle makes my nuts go numb after about 5 mies.

I have several friends that have or had this saddle and has had the same problems for all of us. I wouldn't recommend this product to my worst enemy.

[Jun 27, 2009]
jgw1981

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfy, and light. This saddle seems to be the perfect shape. Plus got an excellent deal from Jenson for it :-)

None that I could tell

Great saddle, I wanted to buy this saddle way before I found and OE deal on Jenson. This saddle is usually about $60.00 at my LBS. It treats my back side better than any other I have tried.

Specialized BG, Selle Italia, WTB Speed, and Pure V.

[Jun 03, 2009]
grandegrande

OVERALL
Strength:

Super light. Looks good. Seems to be high quality.

None so far.

I was looking to reduce the weight on my bike. I figured the saddle was one of my cheapest options. I reduced the weight by 0.69 lbs by switching from a Brooks B-17 to the Rocket V SLT. I was a little worried that this saddle would not be comfortable, but after about 50 miles in the saddle, no pain whatsoever. Plus it's much narrower, so it's a little easier to get behind the saddle on descents.

WTB Pure saddle

[Apr 20, 2009]
fcaw11

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable for my 150lbs. frame. Leather, Durable, weight. Narrow enough to slide behind saddle.

Corners difficult to clean, cloth holds dirt.

Out of all the WTB saddles I've tried, this is the most comfortable. Great saddle for smaller riders.

Vetta GEL, Bontrager FS +10, WTB Pure V, WTB Laser V SLT

[Feb 09, 2009]
Deacon Blues

OVERALL
Strength:

comfy as heck

Bent rails, like everyone else

Seat was great until I took a drop too fast and too steep. I endo'd and somehow bent the heck out of the rails. WTB is certainly not one of those companies that will take any product back for any reason.

I'll probably buy another brand because of the quality issue since this seems to be prevalent but my chode may never forgive me.

nothing comes close in comfort or crappiness of build

[Feb 07, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a review for Rocket V Pro SE saddle.
I bought a second-hand saddle cheap and had no problem until the rails bent when the bike fell (not crashed). I was very disappointed at how easily those metals crushed, because the saddle was very comfortable and sat right on my bones.

Rails! I do not weigh more than 130 lbs and it bent when I fell.

Great saddle as long as you don't mess with the rails.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.