WTB Pure V Team Saddle

Best Price At

Crafted to fit the natural contours of the body, the Pure V delivers support, ergonomics, and function unlike any other. Featuring the traditional WTB drop nose, relieving Love Channel and Comfort Zone features and our Whale-Tail pedaling platform, the Pure V is the ultimate body-tuned saddle.

• Padding: DNA
  • Rails: Titanium

[Jun 12, 2010]
LetsRide!

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely well made & lightweight. Good quality padding. Stitching and materials used are all top class. Gives good support for longer rides. The Seat area is 150mm wide. Titanium rails same weight. The ‘Love channel’ takes pressure of your boy bits. The saddle is reasonably light at 240 grams.

Expensive saddle. Then again, I got this from a Shop. Relatively heavy compared to other performance saddles?

Saddle fit is all about your personal body 'fit'. After over 3 years of use, this is lightweight AND still comfy. An excellent saddle, if you are prepared to compromise (slightly) on the weight. Very solid and well made. Very supportive. I use this saddle for XC riding, but have also found it very good on the occasional downhill run on my wife’s GIANT Reign. Would get 5 out of 5 for Value if you could get it off eBay / On Sale.

The steel railed 450 gram regular version of the same saddle. Also used the Sexy-looking-but-painful-on-the-arse white Leather Racing SLT WTB 185 gram version - Too narrow and caused a lot of bruising!

[Aug 13, 2007]
Jake

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely comfortable shape- length and width are perfect for me, comfort zone, love channel(longer than on the speed v/laser v/most other saddles i have tried, comfortable Kevlar cover, the drop nosed design of the pure (makes climbing more comfortable imo) and lastly wtb name (its gonna last)

price tag, unless you get a good deal!

a great saddle, mucccchh better than the devo that came w/ my reign. Good comfort/ weight savings balance. buy one, you will be satisfied..

wtb devo ti,speed v,laser v,rocket v, other selle saddles and other randoms

[Apr 08, 2007]
Dave L

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable. I can ride longer in comfort.

Nose might be a tad wide for some. Seems okay for me.

I selected this saddle based on its similar design to the saddle that came on my full suspension GT I-drive, which I find comfortable. I needed a very comfortable saddle for my road bike to do century rides and other 6 hour plus excursions. So far this saddle has met all my expectations and I find it comfortable even after more than 5 hour sitting on it. I'm 190 lbs.

Specialized saddles.

[May 18, 2007]
wenisman

OVERALL
Strength:

love channel thingy takes some strain off on longer rides...

very wide at the rear, creaks like crazy

not a great saddle for the off roader... i find the saddle too wide at the back which actually gets in the way when shifting my weight back going down hill, especially when im leaning into corners and shifting my weight on very technical sections.

the width also puts excess pressure on one point at the rear of my thigh/ass which i ended up rubbing so raw (on both legs) that it started bleeding on a long xc ride.

this saddle creaks like an old barn door, people can hear you pedalling up the trail long before they can see you! im do hit the gym hard, so im 5'8 and almost 180lbs but still...

selle italia flite, fizik, few bonty's, SDG bel-air

[Jan 28, 2008]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

Great product. I have had two. The first one broke after many years. I weigh over 200LBS and it fits perfect

None. I think the people who say it creaks should check elsewhere on their bike.

Perfect saddle. Maybe, wide for some. Bigger guys should love it.

Tons of differnt saddles in the last twenty years

[Sep 28, 2007]
mark

OVERALL
Strength:

light weight, great shape (width, length, nose, etc.), good looks and disappears under you while riding

none so far

The best saddle overall I have ever ridden. It just disappears under you which is all you can ask. Looks nice too.

every model of WTB, various others

[Oct 10, 2007]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

Most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden. Nice wide rear and love channel really works. Feels like I'm being supported by a contoured platform.

Creak, creak, creak, creak and creak some more.

Comfy, but creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak.....

Other low end WTB saddles
Fizik Gobi

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.