WTB Pure V SLT Saddle

The WTB Pure V SLT is a curvaceous saddle that looks, upon first glance, that it may be too big and too heavy for high performance riders. We've found this not to be the case. And if you don't believe us, just ask Wade Simmons, one of the forefathers of freeriding. If your daily ride is more of an all-day adventure into uncharted, nasty terrain as opposed to a quick, two-hour hammerfest on buff singletrack, then this may be the saddle for you.The WTB Pure V SLT saddle is possibly the cushiest seat in the WTB line. WTB supplies this saddle to the Whistler Mountain Bike Park. The WTB Pure V is the opposite of the sleek, thinly-padded saddles that are often preferred by cross-country riders. Those saddles are narrow and long; the Pure V is wide and short. Those saddles are pretty flat; the Pure V is generously curved, with a drop nose in front and whale tail in the back. The WTB Pure V SLT saddle is an all-purpose mountain-riding saddle. It features WTB's trademarked Love Channel down the middle. Its DNA padding is light, dense, and comfortable. There's a Whale Tail pedaling platform for holding the body in place when grinding up the mountainside. And, there's a padded drop nose for pedaling hard and fast. The shell is flex-tuned with a soft Comfort Zone toward the front of the saddle. The dimensions are 145mm by 277mm. The rails are titanium. The color is Silver and White leather with Kevlar corners. 250g.

[Mar 03, 2011]
MikeReding

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight comfortable saddle with good contour for the male perineum. Great stabilizing with thighs in downhill runs.

Highest ratings. For saddles ratings should be in hours not chilis. This is a five hour saddle.

WTB SST

[Nov 25, 2010]
emergencygeek

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, light, great churning uphill

Currently none

This saddle is quite good. The slopped long nose makes churning up the mountain much easier then the stock saddle. The titianun rails and the padding on it makes it super comfortable over the roughest rock gardens and roots. The price is a bit high but if you search around you can find a good deal. Overall if your looking for a all mt saddle you can ride all day look no further then the pure v slt.

Wtb saddles

[Nov 04, 2009]
Nitrogenus

OVERALL
Strength:

Great-looking, lightweight, solid, AND comfortable

None... for me. It may be a bit hard for some.

This was an amazing upgrade from my bike's stock saddle. It is comfortable enough for any ride from gently sloping singletrack to hump-busting rock gardens.

It seemed a bit stiff at first, but after a few rides this saddle and my butt have become friends

Other WTB saddles

[Aug 25, 2009]
ozzybmx

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome saddle , if you are lucky to find the saddle that fits you ass without costing you too much cash in the process you are lucky . This was the second (TYPE) of saddle i bought.

On the SLT the white leather loses colour, it ends up natural leather colour. So the white will start to dissappear in less than 3 months

Bought it because my Pure V race's did not match the colour of my new bike . Definately lighter and i got it at a special price too . Only down is the loss of colour.
5 for value , 4 for overall because of colour loss.

WTB pure v race ( x 3 )
WTB shadow v
Specialized

[Jun 21, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort for big guy, good for long ride more than 3 hours it still feels good

So far None

Im wasting my money try many kind of saddle, and finally i found what I really want and this saddle feels great on me, the price was not good, better get the Chromoly rail version but i got this SLT on Sale, so maybe for me the price is doesnt matter i give 5 Chillis for the price.

WTB Silverado (Great saddle too), Fizik Nisene HP, Selle Italy Flite Gel

[Jun 16, 2009]
Digitaldon1

OVERALL
Strength:

Super light and Super comfortableand I am a Really Big Cat. Can move all over this thing when needed.

White may fade soon?

this seat caught my eye because it would go with the color's on my new build, but man I have to say this seat is simply awesome. like the Thomson stem and seat post its works as advertised. quality is not always easy to describe but this seat feels top shelf. feel me?

WTB Laser V (good seat) SDG Bel Air (Looks great but arse buster)

[Dec 12, 2008]
Indiana Andy

OVERALL
Strength:

Its light.

Its just not cushy at all and the stitching on the sides wore out after just a few rides.

This is an ok seat. Its really lightweight and its fairly easy to get back behind the seat on sketchy downhill sections. I like the contour and width. I just dont like how stiff it is. I thought for the price that it would be comfy AND lightweight. WRONG. There just isnt much "give" to it and even feels stiff when i wear my padded spandex. If it were a little more comfy on my ass id have probably given it a 5. Id say for the amount of money i spent on this, there are other WTB saddles that are way better for the same price or CHEAPER.

Other WTB saddles

[Aug 03, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

COMFORTABLE ! Very light
...and very nice with its White/Gray leather cover

None so far, excepted may be that light color leather wears in surface rather quickly, but It's so nice that I accept this little drawback

For the last 3 months I have been testing (at least 3 X 1,5 hour each) many high end saddles and/or reputed for comfort ones.

1°) Bought (no test possible in my LBS')a SDG Bel Air Ti because of the so numerous excellent reviews all around the world. Very disappointing. Far (far !)too smooth padding, and the central chanel is just an alibi on this saddle. Numbness an feeling my bones after less than 1/2h.
Can't understand the hype about that saddle...

2°) Tested a Max Flite Gel Flow for 2 weeks. The elastomer suspension system seems efficient for vibrations and small shocks. But there's something feeling non homogeneous in this saddle. As if the excessive suppleness of the rear was contrasting with the feeling of the edges in the middle. The nose is very uncomfortable. It is not on the light side with it's 300+ g.
Sounds like I only pointed out the drawbacks but its a far better saddle than the SDG Bel Air !

3°)Bought my WTB Pure V SLT without test (same prob as for the SDG) and...enlightment !! This saddle is GREAT ! Very firm but thick padding with a perfect shape make this saddle extremely comfortable wherever you sit on it. + the gel insert and supple support in the nose offers a rare comfort in its nose.
The WTB "love chanel" is actually very efficient. Not the least numbness after a 4+ hour ride on the contrary of EVERY other saddle I have used or tested. Sitting "normaly" in the middle or sliding to the whale tail and even getting on the nose when climbing gives you more comfort then you can expect !I'm still surprised. And everything is so "continuous": that's the first time I never think about changing intentionally from a position to another because I would feel some discomfort. Sometimes I notice that I'm rather near the whale tail, sometimes closer to the nose but only because I (probably) naturally moved for efficiency. But never to find some relief.
I'm just back from a 4,5 h ride and I'm (once more)so pleased with my WTB Pure that I wanted to tell !
That kind of product make you love MTB even more.

Flite Titanium, SDG Bel Air Titanium, Max Flite Gel Flow

[Jan 22, 2008]
Dan0

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, strength

seams

great saddle, second only to the pureV pro( no seams)

too many to list

[Nov 12, 2007]
sam

OVERALL
Strength:

most comfortable saddle on the market! hull flexibility is good due to the wtb "love channel"

lack of colour options

great saddle, perfect shape for me. I find the rocket and flight a little too skinny for my sit bones. the pure V SLT has the perfect mix of minimal weight, comfort, hull flexibility and durability. best saddle i've ever had in every respect (just wish there were more colour options). some may prefer a narrower profle for racing applications ie the Rocket V would be a suitable choice. 5 outa 5 for value and performance.

WTB rocket, Selle Italia Flight, various specialized saddles

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.