WTB Laser V Stealth Saddle

• Light, anatomic supportive racing saddle
  • Features the Love Channel and Comfort Zone Shoft-Shell technology
  • Black leather cover with titanium rails

• USER REVIEWS

[May 14, 2011]
    dblspeed

OVERALL
    Strength:

It's a saddle.

Natural leather not the best in wet weather, degrades fast in the hot sun. Gel padding became hard as a rock after a year or so. This saddle made me sensitive areas feel NUMB.

This saddle did not work as advertised for me, only kept it for so long only because I was using on my SS and I wasn't sitting very much.

Specialized Romin, Phenom, Henge, Alias.

dmitry

OVERALL
    Strength:

good quality, light, looks nice.

not comfortable

As another user pointed out this product had great reviews. Based exclusively on that I purchased this expensive saddle without ever testing it or even seeing it in person. This thing feels almost as bad as the all the other saddles I ever used. My friend who has the Laser V version(which is the same shape and size, only different material) shares my opinion. And we have completely different body types, so it can't be that this saddle wasn't made for a skinny guy or a thicker build fellow. It hurts both of us. I played with saddle position, trying to find a comfortable spot, for a month and it still feels the same. I did the 5 Borough Bike Tour which was 42 miles and by the 30th mile it was killing me.

DON'T EVER buy a saddle without at least sitting on it first at the store. I hate buying from local shops, but a saddle is something you can't buy based on other people's reviews. Spend a little more at your bike shop and get something that will pay off in the long run.

different stock seats

pete

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfortable, well-built.

This saddle is so comfortable. My butt doesn't get sore from riding. And with the Laser V Stealth, I feel like I can ride longer. This is a great saddle!

Avocet O2 AIR 40 KEVLAR

Ben

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, light and totally padded, I never really though of changing my seat until i felt some slight discmfort on my stock selle san marco. Sure it was old but it always felt the same, it just wasn't wide enough for a mountain bike, anyway, got the wtb, its wider, lighter and well cushoned. for 210 grams find a lighter and well padded saddle, I dare you

so far... none

at 210 grams its well padded and wide enough, def worth the money

selle san marco

[Jul 22, 2007]
    David

OVERALL
    Strength:

Lightweight, good width, and comfy.

Ti rails might not be best for a clyde (broke the rails once)

I just finished riding 47 hours over 7 days on this saddle... logging roads and singletrack... and this saddle was comfy and while I can't say my butt never got sore after that much time in the saddle, it was really just minor (and nothing compared to the soreness in my legs!).

I've been riding with a Laser V on my bikes for 2-3 years now, but given my recent experience, I felt compelled to write a positive review!

Rocket V

[Jun 30, 2007]
    BRIAN

OVERALL
    Strength:

Lightweight, WTB has a plethora of styles to choose from - any type rider can be happy. Kevlar sides, titanium rails sloped nose and good looks make this a great ass cushion.

MSRP is a bit hard to swallow (120 duckets for the Ti rail model) but ebay has some for a good price.

I was getting some burning pain in my right glut and nut (Pudendal nerve entrapment / compression)I figured it was time to replace the seat. After reading a lot of reviews I picked the Laser V Stealth Ti as best suited for my riding (XC and trying to hammer up hills as fast as possible - not a DH bomber)
    Let me tell you, this seat is a little bit o' heaven. From the very first ride the difference was profound and I no longer felt the burning nut pain. Great support in just the right places and it encourages seated steep uphill climbs. I'm 5'10" and 173 lbs and I can tell you this seat is so good I just had to write about it.

Jeez, too many to list. Specialized Geometry came off last (a brick thinly veiled as a bike seat).

[Oct 14, 2005]
    K Totten

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks great, well made.

None so far.

I would hate to know how many bike seats I have hanging in my basement. I've never been able to find one that didn't hurt my butt, especially on long climbs. I ordered this seat after reading the reviews and I'm glad I did. I rode today and climbed a fire road that usually has my butt numb half way up and experienced no pain whatsoever, and the seat isn't even broken in yet! I'll be ordering another one soon for my road bike soon.

Too many to list...

[Feb 14, 2003]
    Paul Hart

OVERALL
    Strength:

Ti rails, light, strong, comfortable!!!

Rails popped out. My fault, I wheelied off a drop and just kept falling backwards. Ouch!! it hurt. But, unlike the last review, WTB fixed it and just charged shipping.

Great saddle, very comfortable. I have landed hard on it in many instances and the seat has held up great until I went over backwards and hung the back of the saddle on the hard ground. WTB was great on fixing my problem.

WTB Laser V, Specialized Body GEO.

[Feb 15, 2002]
    Clyde Sdale

OVERALL
    Strength:

C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E!!!!
    Lightweight
    Good looks

Do you want a great saddle? Then this is for you. I have nothing else to say....

To many to list. Most of which sucked.

[Jan 18, 2006]
    Daniel

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very comfortable and durable

none so far

This is the best seat I have used. It is tough and comfortable.

Specialized BG products

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.